Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Californina- that's interesting.

When my post was moved, the title and thus the point was lost. Tesla has hit the magical $35k barrier, as promisted 5 years ago. And not on some backdoor beg your sales team sort of thing.

Unless of course you are in California, appararently.

<Does that mean I can buy cars here in NC and export them to CA ?>

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Does the M3 still have the LFP battery for the RWD and dual motor versions?!? I'm trying to figure out how the credit is now the full $7,500 if the batteries are the CATL batteries.

Highland models are also likely coming soon with all of the price reductions.

RWD yes. AWD never had LFP.
Don't the new M3 AWD have LFP now (when they recently returned them and they had they estimated mileage).

"Tesla has once again started taking orders on the Model 3 Long Range in the US, after it was missing for nearly nine months. And it might be using Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4/LFP) battery cells, like the Model 3 Standard Range, or it might be a new chemistry, based off of LFP…"

Thanks. I was excited about the prospect of an increased range LFP Model 3, but that makes sense based on the battery size.

We rented a RWD Model 3, with the upgraded wheels, and it got more range than my MYP, since you could charge it to 100% and it was incredibly efficient. I will be buying some version of one of these eventually, but I'm curious what the highland will bring and we don't need another car right now.

No. There is no physical way to pack enough LFP cells into a 3/Y battery to enable 333 miles of EPA range.

The “new” LR pack appears to be Chinese-made NMC cells from LG.
If the battery is using Chinese-made cells, then how does the M3LR* qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit?

*All Model 3s in the US now qualify for the full credit and are subject to the same sourcing requirements as before

If the battery is using Chinese-made cells, then how does the M3LR* qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit?

*All Model 3s in the US now qualify for the full credit and are subject to the same sourcing requirements as before

It doesn’t. Once you purchase the car it’s not Teslas problem whether you get your Tax Credit or not….

I think at a minimum Tesla needs to issue a clear statement. What has changed from last week to this week?
Otoh, if you only get $3750 instead of $7500 to buy your fancy electric car.... that is a real first world problem.