Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/13 3pm
EDD feb 2 -march 2
White / Black 19'
And likewise, still waiting on Vin. I have noticed that, almost all the recent Socal orders have not received Vin #'s yet. I am guessing there will be a batch and we will all get them around the same time.

OD: 1/13
VIN assessignment: 1/14
VIN: PA05****
EDD: 1/18 - 1/20
Delivery Appoint: 1/24 (Insisted on by me, due to work conflict.)

• Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
Wow that's a very narrow edd. Mines 1 week. Maybe it's because they're less sure since Fremont is so far from NC? Lol.

Feb 7-14 gives me piece of mind, but I am worried if there are issues and I reject...it might push it to March. Secretly hoping it arrives sooner, than Feb 7th even, but what are the odds?

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7

Do you think it's possible to specify a delivery date if I'm not available during the window after VIN is assigned? Mid March will work perfectly for me but I think a lot of people must be waiting at that time due to Federal Tax Credit update.

Also, do you think it's worth waiting for a couple of weeks for HW4?

Thanks!

I am from MN (Eden Prairie).

Ordered on 1/13 1 am CT.
Model Y LR - White on white
7 Seater
No VIN assigned
EDD : Jan 24th - Feb 21st
Leased.
Thanks for responding - I was beginning to think I was the only one on here from MN!

Wonder if its the color I picked - MSM. I would be ok with White too....maybe I'll try to call the Sales Advisor tomorrow and see if I can switch. Regardless of color I pick in the custom configuration the range on the website still shows Jan-Mar.

3rd Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned today 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated today 1/22)
I am assuming you are able to reject it when you are at delivery?

Reactions: jose3030
If any inventory appears at this point, wouldn’t it be a car someone else had rejected?
Possibly but also the way Tesla sells cars people reject for all sorts of reasons, so many are not QC issues. This forum is littered with people who rejected because they want to wait for X to come out, they don’t have all their ducks in a row in some aspect, they decide at the last moment they want a different color, seats, etc.

Yeah I don't get it. Tesla's website still shows the Jan - March range for my configuration. I'm thinking I may just be out of luck with my order and no inventory vehicles available to order from I have been constantly checcking.....
I wish I can give you mine. I ordered on 1/14 and should get my vin soon. I am considering of bowing out. A cheap Chevy Bolt has more and better safety feature than this Model Y. That is pathetic. I didn't know until I started to research. Thank goodness for this website.

• Funny
Reactions: geekfam