Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MYP - March Order Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rescheduled delivery was supposed to be tomorrow (05/23), but got a text from Tesla saying the truck had broken down in northern Nevada and I had to reschedule again.

Asked to find out if the truck had actually moved from Nevada or if it was still stuck, got a follow up message advising that they spoke with the driver, who was anticipating arriving in town tomorrow night, so now appear to be on track for a Thursday, May 25 delivery.

Really hope this is the last delay!
My hope for the last delay was denied, unfortunately.

Got a call this afternoon from the SC advising me that the vehicle had failed their pre-delivery inspection after they discovered a large scratch on the rear hatch that occurred during transport. They've told me that they've sent off the request to a body shop they work with, but the two options are going to be repainting the hatch, or replacing it outright. Only way I get delivery tomorrow is if I take an inventory vehicle - of which none match my configuration, and I'm not sure I want to spend the extra money just for the sake of getting the vehicle tomorrow. I guess I'll see what the wait is from the body shop now.

Got a call this afternoon from the SC advising me that the vehicle had failed their pre-delivery inspection after they discovered a large scratch on the rear hatch that occurred during transport. They've told me that they've sent off the request to a body shop they work with, but the two options are going to be repainting the hatch, or replacing it outright. Only way I get delivery tomorrow is if I take an inventory vehicle - of which none match my configuration, and I'm not sure I want to spend the extra money just for the sake of getting the vehicle tomorrow. I guess I'll see what the wait is from the body shop now.
Received update from the body shop, they're estimating mid next week to be done. Hopefully this means there's finally an end in sight for all of this.

I guess one silver lining, that should mean I have everything in place when I do finally get my hands on the vehicle, as I've got an electrician coming on Wednesday next week to install my wall connector, and all of my various accessories have already arrived.

Reactions: CyberCruiser
Received update from the body shop, they're estimating mid next week to be done. Hopefully this means there's finally an end in sight for all of this.

I guess one silver lining, that should mean I have everything in place when I do finally get my hands on the vehicle, as I've got an electrician coming on Wednesday next week to install my wall connector, and all of my various accessories have already arrived.
One step closer; texted to find out if there were any updates, and was told the body shop would be done with the car in the morning, so I get to pick it up after work! Finally getting my delivery day!

One step closer; texted to find out if there were any updates, and was told the body shop would be done with the car in the morning, so I get to pick it up after work! Finally getting my delivery day!
Got to finally take delivery today! Car was flawless, and I couldn’t be happier

Attachments

• IMG_5495.jpeg
    IMG_5495.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: AbblePC and pkmody
Update on my red MY LR. OD March 25th. ODD May/June.

Just got the VIN - 7909XX (where XX is above 60) so hopefully it has HW4. Delivery range is June 5-14. Since I am in Michigan I was told a delivery date cannot be set (and the car cannot even enter the state) until I pay for it - something about a state law. Time to drain the bank account :)

Reactions: Thp3
I couldn't edit my last post but the Tesla sales advisor said my car is in route to Michigan and it DOES have HW4. Delivery will be late next week is everything goes as expected.
Just got another EDD, moved up to June 15 - June 29! Wondering if this means that I am about to get a VIN assigned on this Mar 22 order?
I am surprised you haven't gotten it already. My order was after this date (red MYLR) and not only did I get a VIN, was told it was on its way from CA with delivery late this week or early next, and MYLRs at the time of ordering showed the 'longest' EDD. Hope you get it soon!

Reactions: Thp3
Well, in an effort to keep the March order waiting room alive and current, I have put a hold on my order and cancelled my 6/9 delivery. After originally saying I wouldn't care about HW3 vs HW4, I thought about it a lot more and want to future-proof this car that I plan on keeping for a long time. So now I have a hold until 6/19. Who knows when I'll take delivery after that.

Well, in an effort to keep the March order waiting room alive and current, I have put a hold on my order and cancelled my 6/9 delivery. After originally saying I wouldn't care about HW3 vs HW4, I thought about it a lot more and want to future-proof this car that I plan on keeping for a long time. So now I have a hold until 6/19. Who knows when I'll take delivery after that.
Bummer. But putting it on hold - does that mean you will get a different car? Won't you lose your $250 and have to pay the new/higher price?

Today I paid for my car (have to by Michigan law) and expected to hear about delivery next week or the following as they said 7-10 days from payment. But just 2 hours later, I got a text and email to pick a day as soon as THIS Wednesday! So strange as we just heard it was 'built' last Thursday (Fremont, CA). That's a pretty fast delivery.

Sorry you missed HW4. Found out today all MYs and M3s now being produced in Fremont are HW4 but NO radar as in the MS and MX. Some think it was for cost saving. Others think it is a design issue (not enough space - that is why the MS has a 'bubble' in the roof glass). Who knows.

Good luck in your decision.

How the hold works is I officially am unmatched from the VIN that was assigned to me and the entire order is suspended for up to 2 weeks, at which point I am assigned a new VIN matching my order specification. Nothing happens to the order fee. I’m attaching a screenshot of how it looks in my app.

My only concerns are:
1. Wouldn’t it just be terrible luck if I get re-matched to a VIN in inventory that still has HW3
2. This basically counts as rejecting delivery, so when I eventually go to take delivery of the new car, I won’t be able to reject delivery in the event of terrible paint or trim problems; my order will just be straight up cancelled, and I would lose my order fee and go to the back of the line with a new order.
IMG_9295.jpeg

How the hold works is I officially am unmatched from the VIN that was assigned to me and the entire order is suspended for up to 2 weeks, at which point I am assigned a new VIN matching my order specification. Nothing happens to the order fee. I’m attaching a screenshot of how it looks in my app.

My only concerns are:
1. Wouldn’t it just be terrible luck if I get re-matched to a VIN in inventory that still has HW3
2. This basically counts as rejecting delivery, so when I eventually go to take delivery of the new car, I won’t be able to reject delivery in the event of terrible paint or trim problems; my order will just be straight up cancelled, and I would lose my order fee and go to the back of the line with a new order.
View attachment 944314
Ahhh. OK. So you can do this once without any 'penalty'. I didn't know that. We pick up our MY Thursday and will of course do an inspection of it before signing the final documents. One would think any new VIN assigned would be 'newer' and someone posted they had VIN 799XXX so they have to be well over 800000 already. Can't believe they would put older parts in them. However it could come from TX, and I have not heard any news of HW4 coming out of there. Good luck!

Ahhh. OK. So you can do this once without any 'penalty'. I didn't know that. We pick up our MY Thursday and will of course do an inspection of it before signing the final documents. One would think any new VIN assigned would be 'newer' and someone posted they had VIN 799XXX so they have to be well over 800000 already. Can't believe they would put older parts in them. However it could come from TX, and I have not heard any news of HW4 coming out of there. Good luck!
Yeah it does seem like they’re assigning VINs well past the cutoff now. And because mine is a 7-seater, it’s guaranteed to come from Fremont where we know they’re doing HW4. But there are still quite a few Fremont-built Ys in the nationwide inventory (via EV-cpo.com) that were built before the cutoff. A few of them could be there because of order holds just like mine, and I could have the bad luck of receiving one of them. Through spying on the inventory, it seems like my exact build (LR, 7-seater, white exterior and interior, 19” wheels, tow hitch) is not very common, so I feel like I need to take full advantage of my 2 week hold in order to let all the HW3-equipped cars filter through the system a bit more.

Reactions: FMinMI