Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/13: Friend told me he bought a Y for $60K
just before the next price reduction
1/15 1100: Test drove his MY
1/15 1305: Order entered MYLR/Blk/Blk/19"
1/18: Order number received, EDD 2/15-3/22
--------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 1/30/2023 AM
EDD changed to 2/14-3/14
No VIN yet
-------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 2/6/2023 1343
Got text telling me I could do a trade
if I wanted to
Update: 2/8/2023 1743
Just got the text telling me of the $80K
limit and that I can make changes in my
order.
Wonder if i should change my paint from black to white....
delivery. Fremont assembly. Standard motor. PF683XXX.

EDD changed to 2/25-3/4/23
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDD changed to 2/14-3/14
No VIN yet
if I wanted to
order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations! I have the same build but with tow hitch and ODD of 1/19.

Congrats hopefully mine will be coming soon. Still no VIN. At least you don't have to return the mats.

Congrats. I’m from Bay Area too. You paying cash or finance? You got VIN and delivery text today and picking up within 3 days. Did they have pickup dates that were farther out in case if you need to complete your loan?
VIN was assigned on Friday and they gave me delivery options for Sun/Mon/Tue 2/12-2/14

I had originally set payment to cash, and in parallel had applied for a loan via Star One CU at 4.7%

It took about 4 days for getting the CU membership, after which the car loan approval took another couple of days.

On Friday, after getting the VIN, I went to Fremont showroom and had them update the MVPA to add the credit union's name, the CU then had me docusign a couple of agreements and then send me email showing payment already sent to Tesla via ACH.

While this was happening, I went to BofA and got a cashier's check for remaining amount.

So hopefully it is all set for Sunday delivery 🤞

Now I just need to setup car insurance. Progressive has given me the best quote, Tesla car insurance is almost twice as costly.

Reactions: SANTRI and geekfam
I was thinking the same thing. They have a huge backlog for the LR and instead they dump so many MYAWD short range onto the web hoping someone will buy one. When all along they have thousands of Tesla Orders not being filled. Tesla get your priorities straight Take car of your pending orders first. Just my opinion.
They know all the std range ones will also get sold, especially when the 3750 of tax rebate is at risk after March. Most of them are with 20 inch wheels to give Tesla an extra 2k

Just got a text message for VIN assignment!

MYLR, W/B/19
OD - 1/15, EDD Jan~Mar
1/18: EDD 2/8~3/8
2/9: EDD 2/19~3/5
2/11: VIN (#PF684), EDD 2/24~3/3

Mobile Connector had been out of stock and received an email yesterday indicating that they are back in stock. So I ordered one and a few other accessories on Amazon last night and got my VIN assigned this morning. I guess all I needed to do to make something happen was to order the charger or some accessories... ;)

I received an updated EDD of 2/27 to 3/31 (a week after my order was placed).

mooshoodragon: Most of the VIN assignments and orders seem to be for people who ordered between 1/13 and 1/16. Yours should be close soon. I am not sure how long this will take before we will see movement. Hoping much before 3/31 for full purchase and hand over of the car or I am bailing. $7500 is too much money to not walk away from.

Tesla you better get your act together :)
The price drop and possible $7,500 credit definitely were factors in placing an order. The longer I wait though the more I’m questioning whether this was the right purchase decision for me at this time. I live about 40 minutes from a Tesla store, which is closer than some people, but definitely not a short drive if I have to go back to have any problems addressed. The quality control and delivery issues make me nervous as does the soft paint, lack of parking sensors, and basic interior materials. Over the years I’ve worked my way up to being able to afford vehicles with more features and luxurious interiors, and this feels like a step backwards. I may end up getting a Lexus hybrid instead and postponing the EV transition until there are more options available. The good news is that if I cancel, maybe someone else gets theirs a little earlier. 😁

OMG!!! :) Got a text with assigned VIN PA065xxx, built 1/27

MYLR5 W/B/20”
OD: 1/22
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD: Mar 15-31 (updated 1/25 evening)
EDD: 2/16 – 3/2 (updated 2/5 am)
EDD: 2/11 – 2/18 (updated 2/10 pm after VIN)

The App said to upload insurance policy and make final payment now with only option to add bank account. I'd be uncomfortable to pay now without seeing the car. Texted the 510# for different payment option but haven't yet heard back.

I remembered reading from this forum that people were paying with Cashiers check at time of delivery. Please advise how were you able to do so?
I am taking delivery this Sunday and got the cashier's check from Bank of America on Friday

However as the pickup is on Sunday, the credit union has already paid the financed amount to Tesla on Friday evening, but delivery can be be rejected if I withhold the cashier's check.

🤞Hope it doesn't come to that...

The price drop and possible $7,500 credit definitely were factors in placing an order. The longer I wait though the more I’m questioning whether this was the right purchase decision for me at this time. I live about 40 minutes from a Tesla store, which is closer than some people, but definitely not a short drive if I have to go back to have any problems addressed. The quality control and delivery issues make me nervous as does the soft paint, lack of parking sensors, and basic interior materials. Over the years I’ve worked my way up to being able to afford vehicles with more features and luxurious interiors, and this feels like a step backwards. I may end up getting a Lexus hybrid instead and postponing the EV transition until there are more options available. The good news is that if I cancel, maybe someone else gets theirs a little earlier. 😁
To each his own...
I was planning for plug in hybrid as they seem to have sufficient range for my daily commute.

However most PHEV mid size SUVs don't have enough power in battery-only mode, so I was lusting after Model Y for that instant torque.

I had taken a test ride few months ago and Tesla had ruined the acceleration of all ICE cars for me. My 3.7L, 275hp ICE SUV feels unresponsive now, even when it goes 0-60 in 7.5s

This was when MYLR was 66k, but after 13k discount + 7.5K tax rebate it was too sweet a deal for me.

Test drive model y long range as well as your PHEV options in battery only mode before deciding.

Just got a text message for VIN assignment!

MYLR, W/B/19
OD - 1/15, EDD Jan~Mar
1/18: EDD 2/8~3/8
2/9: EDD 2/19~3/5
2/11: VIN (#PF684), EDD 2/24~3/3

Mobile Connector had been out of stock and received an email yesterday indicating that they are back in stock. So I ordered one and a few other accessories on Amazon last night and got my VIN assigned this morning. I guess all I needed to do to make something happen was to order the charger or some accessories... ;)
what did you order at Amazon? My OD is 1/18 and I am ordering today the mobile connector as I received the email that they are back in stock.

EDD changed to 2/14-3/14
No VIN yet
if I wanted to
order.

Nice! Where do you live?