Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
(2/11) EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21

Is it common to move back to an EDD of a month after it's reduced to two weeks? I'm kinda bummed and I can also miss the full tax credit if it's delivered late in March.

I texted my SA and the response was a common one.
all white interiors were moved back a month . My EDD went from 2-8- thru 2-22 to 3-2 thru 3-30 My OD is 1-15 @ 7am

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
This sounds reasonable, but can I ask the source of this information? It will be interesting to see if we start to see EDDs being adjusted accordingly.

The source is basically observation and experience. I concur with his theory. I have been involved in purchasing many Tesla since 2016 and yes that is the custom procedure Tesla practices. If your in California or close by waiting for a Fremont Build this will be the case. By the way I ordered on 1-5 at 7 am Red/White went from within a two week window EDD to now last days of March 30.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
(2/11) EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21

Is it common to move back to an EDD of a month after it's reduced to two weeks? I'm kinda bummed and I can also miss the full tax credit if it's delivered late in March.

I texted my SA and the response was a common one.
I got the same configuration with addition to the 20" induction wheels. I hate that my SA always gives me generic answers but my EDD hasn't moved in a while current EDD: 3/15-3/30. But the SA did say that it will be delivered in the month of march

I got the same configuration with addition to the 20" induction wheels. I hate that my SA always gives me generic answers but my EDD hasn't moved in a while current EDD: 3/15-3/30. But the SA did say that it will be delivered in the month of march
Why would you hate the SA? He/she can’t give you any more detailed answer since there isn’t any. They’re probably tired of you guys contacting them everyday. Chill out. People with early orders are still waiting. Your EDD isn’t until end of March so of course there’s no updates.

Has anyone got any EDD updates on their BLU/BLK MYLR? OD 1/17; EDD 3/5 - 3/31. Hope they have not misplaced the bucket of blue paint. Probably the only one they have considering how many fewer ppl order it. 😁
According to this spreadsheet, blue and silver are neck and neck when it comes to popularity. Each accounting for about 22% of recent deliveries:

Reactions: TE5IA
According to this spreadsheet, blue and silver are neck and neck when it comes to popularity. Each accounting for about 22% of recent deliveries:

I also placed an order for blue/black on 1/18 and my EDD has not changed and it always displayed march1-31 …kind of sucks but it’s a price to pay for not wanting to look exactly like every other white tesla out there

Reactions: TE5IA
I also placed an order for blue/black on 1/18 and my EDD has not changed and it always displayed march1-31 …kind of sucks but it’s a price to pay for not wanting to look exactly like every other white tesla out there
I agree. I originally ordered MSM, but then test drove a MYLR in Blue for a weekend and switched my order to blue. It's a beautiful color. OD 1/26, color change on 1/31 so im not expecting any miracles.