Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated a little bit today:

MYLR5 Blue/Black/19"/Tow
OD - 1/22 Evening
Original EDD - Jan-Mar
EDD Update 1/25: 3/16-3/31
EDD Update 2/5: 3/12-3/31
No VIN
Raleigh, NC

Had an EDD update today like many others:
MYLR5 Blue/Black/19"/Tow
OD - 1/22 Evening
Original EDD - Jan-Mar
EDD Update 1/25: 3/16-3/31
EDD Update 2/5: 3/12-3/31

EDD Update 2/14: April 03 - May 08
No VIN
Raleigh, NC

• Love
Reactions: scionbox
There is nothing really we can do here other than speculating the proposed guidance until March. When that is out, the news outlets will focus on the "comment period" and the effective date.
Agreed. To clarify, I'm not trying to convince anyone that the tax credit definitely won't change in March, my only point is that many are assuming that it is guaranteed to change by March 31st and speaking of it as a matter of fact (including some journalists). At this point, it is more likely that the credit will be around past March, but nobody can say for sure. When the NPRM is released by the IRS, then we'll have a better idea of what to expect, and then the real consternation/panic/outrage/victimhood can begin 🙃.

💯. Before the price drop, I had placed a deposit to buy a Mach-E rear-wheel-drive standard range (247 miles). I considered the MYLR out of reach, a different class of vehicle. Now I'm getting a Tesla with AWD and longer range for the same price as my purchase agreement with Ford.
And you have the advantage of an amazing Supercharging Network!
This is why we chose Tesla over anything else 3 years ago, and now we have 3!

I’m all for EVs but the charging infrastructure needs to be better for non-Teslas, just my opinion. But great for Elon 😂

Thankfully, no change to my EDD yet.

MYLR red/black nothing else
OD 1/19
EDD Mar 4-31

my charger was installed today and I have the mobile charging kit and tire kit sitting in boxes here, so I’m all in no matter what.

my wall charger is getting installed tomorrow.
never ordered a mobile charger.

dont think i would ever use it since i never drive out of the city.

Reactions: monkft and geekfam
1/13: Friend told me he bought a Y for $60K
just before the next price reduction
1/15 1100: Test drove his MY
1/15 1305: Order entered MYLR/Blk/Blk/19"
1/18: Order number received, EDD 2/15-3/22
--------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 1/30/2023 AM
EDD changed to 2/14-3/14
No VIN yet
-------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 2/6/2023 1343
Got text telling me I could do a trade
if I wanted to
-------------------------------------------------------
Update: 2/8/2023 1743
Just got the text telling me of the $80K
limit and that I can make changes in my
order.
Wonder if I should change my paint from black to white....
delivery. Fremont assembly. Standard motor. PF683XXX.
EDD changed to 2/25-3/4/23
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/13/2023
Build date was 2/10/2023
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/14/2023 1630
Received email to schedule delivery
Delivery scheduled, Paramus, Friday 2/24 3P
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might be right about that but boy the number of horror stories we read here about cars delivered from Fremont made me question that for a minute. Anyway, it is what it is. Unless the car has major issues (cracks, major scratches, torn seats, etc.) I probably wont make a big fuss. Either way I will report my delivery experience here. I might have to push it out a week as I am travelling on the date they have given. I should take delivery in the first week of March.
My Fremont delivery was flawless. YMMV.

Reactions: fredzos
So I talked to a SA and got things mostly straightened out. She told me to cancel the first order and they'd work on getting the order fee credited. She said I'd have to pay th $500 transport fee to reschedule the delivery location. I asked why I had to pay a transport fee for a car that isn't even out of the factory yet. She said it's because it was originally scheduled for local delivery only at the other SC. Seems like a pretty lame reason to me. We're not getting off to a very good start.😡
Tesla sets a very low bar for themselves.