Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update..

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD/Profile Complete: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
2/2: Received mobile connector
2/6: Received email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery"
2/7: Received text to order upgrades with new $80k IRS cap
2/13: Received second email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery" with additional dates added
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31

No changes made to original order

So Cal
MYLR W/B OD 1/16 on contract 1/17
EDD 2/22-3/22 No Vin so Cal

Today was my delivery day and it was good and bad.

The bad: Fit and finish were ok except 3 items on the car. 1) 3 black spots size of coarse pepper (white car) on the rear passenger door under the clearcoat. 2) huge black glue spot on the panoramic roof protruding on the fabric on the front passenger corner. There is also a line on the glass in the same area that I hope is just glue residue and not a crack. 3) Fabric in the passenger door storage was coming out from the seams.

The good: Colma, Ca. dealership let us examine the car inside and out before payment and were really nice about it. When I told them this issues the manager came out and looked at them and said that he would take it back to service and look at it. 15 minutes later he verified all our concerns and was willing to fix the issues including painting the door. He asked if we accepted and we said not yet. He said normally we would want people to accept the car for minor issues, but as he was driving it in the passenger safety restraint warning came on and he recommended not accepting the car at that point. He said give us till the weekend to take care of the issues. He also offered us a ride home, but we came in our car.

So all the anticipation and we have to wait still. The cars fit and finish is ok at best. My 2015 base Subaru Forester as basic as it is has slightly better fit and finish. They need better QC when they inspect the car when it is done. With that said I am very glad that the manager found the safety issue before we accepted and it's nice to know that he put safety first above the sale.

The worst part was my wife was the most bummed out that we did not get the car today.

MYLR white (Base)
OD: 1/15
DD1: 2/14
Final delivery: Hopefully this weekend or before March
Fremont build, Matrix, Cargo cover, no MF, no PPF

Anyone has experience with trade in value expiring and Tesla reevaluating your trade in ?
My od is 01/15 with trade in expiring on 02/23
MYLR W/B/19 GA
Vin received on 02/10 and edd pushed to 02/28-03/08 wondering if my trade in value will go down after the reevaluation

Question - can the tow hitch be covered so that it is not seen on MY? Any existing pictures with tow hitch not covered would be really helpful if they are not from Google. Thank you.
The plastic cover that is on the bumper covers the tow hitch when not in use. There are a couple videos on YouTube if you need a reference. Basically when the cover is on, it looks like any other MY.

• Informative
Reactions: Ayushbh and erktrek
Question - can the tow hitch be covered so that it is not seen on MY? Any existing pictures with tow hitch not covered would be really helpful if they are not from Google. Thank you.
The tow hitch has a plastic cover so it just appears as part of the bumper. The cover takes a little effort to take off - you have to get something to pry it off without scratching it (they sell some tools for this purpose but anything flat will work).

Reactions: Ayushbh
I would assume at least a week to two weeks. I got my vin on 2/8 and the delivery estimate was 2/19 - 2/26. I assume that means they anticipated the vehicle arriving at local delivery by 17th or 18th at the earliest as it was being shipped from Austin to Virginia. I assume the local store needs time to prep and finish paperwork and then deal with delivery slots.
NOVA here. oDd 1/20. When did u? Date range adjusted today to 2/23-3/9. But no vin

I now agree with the earlier statements about how Tesla is disrespectful to its customers. They pushed almost all our EDDs back by many days and are now rolling out inventory for MY Performance with tow hitch and everything costly. They can make easy $4k on such cars when compared to regular MYLR with little to no extras. Elon Musk keeps annoying people one way or the other 🙄