Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody used the ACH transfer in the app to make their final payment, or is the preference for a bank or certified check to be presented at delivery?
I used a bank check for the Credit Union Loan that I had ~ 1/2 and the ACH (Plaid App) for the remainder. It went smoothly. The only caution would be if you wanted to reject a car, in my opinion unlikely, it is harder to get your money back after the fact for the ACH. Others have reported waiting weeks, whereas the check can be withheld. Tesla will take either, or as in my case both. I verified with my SA first and he said that was ok.

Reactions: erktrek
I placed my order late evening 1/17 on a model y W/B with 20 inch rims.
I just took delivery of the vehicle today. Austin build. No matrix headlights. Very clean and spotless. No gap issues. No bumps or scratches. The vehicle was perfect. I was able to look at the vehicle before taking delivery. No ppf or tint. Cargo cover was there.
Overall great experience. Picked up in southwest Florida.

It happened around 2/13. It was specific dates in the past now it's just Mar-May. That's encouraging the vagueness might be a good sign :) Thanks.
I am in a similar situation, but not holding my breath either because it's been more than a day for me (and it sounds like even a lot longer for you) and in majority of the cases that I have read on this forum before, VIN assignment happened in a matter of hours (and not days) after EDD was reset back to default/vague one.

Who knows though, a major delivery delay at this point might not be a bad thing if HW4 is coming soon (although highly unlikely within the next month or two, despite what others are saying about upcoming Mar 1 announcement), and/or if all Model Ys still qualify for full tax credit even after March (this one I think is a good possibility because of how battery sourcing manufacturing rules in IRA apply).

Besides, Model Y now qualifies for CA rebate again~! So, you and I will get $2000 CA rebate on top of fed tax rebate. Just trying to stay positive here.... :)

Reactions: bigboi
I placed my order late evening 1/17 on a model y W/B with 20 inch rims.
I just took delivery of the vehicle today. Austin build. No matrix headlights. Very clean and spotless. No gap issues. No bumps or scratches. The vehicle was perfect. I was able to look at the vehicle before taking delivery. No ppf or tint. Cargo cover was there.
Overall great experience. Picked up in southwest Florida.
Good for you. I ordered 1/16 w/b but 19 inch rims. Still waiting. EDD Feb 27-Mar 6. Austin build and build date was midnight today. If I knew rims make wuch a difference I would get 20.