Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Powershare [V2X feature currently announced for Cybertruck]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Vines
I looked at the source tweet and there was $20,000 for a service upgrade to 320A and an additional fee of $2,500 to handle the permit for the service upgrade. I think the customer would have accepted the quote without those two items.

I would be interested to see the single line drawing and load calcs for the proposed installation. Off hand, I can’t think of a good reason to upgrade to 320A service, assuming that the existing service is 200A.

I looked at the source tweet and there was $20,000 for a service upgrade to 320A and an additional fee of $2,500 to handle the permit for the service upgrade. I think the customer would have accepted the quote without those two items.

I would be interested to see the single line drawing and load calcs for the proposed installation. Off hand, I can’t think of a good reason to upgrade to 320A service, assuming that the existing service is 200A.
Joe T's service is 250A as reported by him.
I agree, I don't understand why Cybertruck Powershare would require a service upgrade. Worst case, split into two panels to get below the Gateway 200A limit and use Dynamic Charging to prevent an overload at night.

$2,500 to submit a permit, which is part of their job, and costs $50 in my area and takes a few minutes to submit online and less than a week to get back is robbery.

$2,500 to submit a permit, which is part of their job, and costs $50 in my area and takes a few minutes to submit online and less than a week to get back is robbery.
I am not defending their price, but preparing the drawings and the extra visits to the site to wait for the utility to disconnect the service before the work and again to reconnect the service after and site visits for extra inspections could all be included in this line item on the quote.

Reactions: mongo