Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Powerwall 3 [Speculation / Discussion etc]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow is the day.
teslasolar1.PNG

teslasolar2.PNG

The installer said this was only the third PW3 he's done so far. It contains the inverter.

Size is approx. 43"x24"x7".

The circuit breaker in the Backup Gateway 2 which connects to the PW3 is in fact 60A.

Job should hopefully be finished tomorrow after which they'll power it up.

The installers insisted on running a ground wire from the system to the main water line feed in front of the house. They did an extremely ghetto job of routing it. I will forcefully ask them to re-route it in a more aesthetically pleasing manner.

powerwall3.jpg
View attachment 971850

Last edited by a moderator:
The installer said this was only the third PW3 he's done so far. It contains the inverter.

The circuit breaker in the Backup Gateway 2 which connects to the PW3 is in fact 60A.

The installers insisted on running a ground wire from the system to the main water line feed in front of the house. They did an extremely ghetto job of routing it. I will forcefully ask them to re-route it in a more aesthetically pleasing manner.

View attachment 971851View attachment 971852View attachment 971850
What’s the storage capacity?
Does it work during a power outage?

View attachment 971851View attachment 971852View attachment 971850
Thanks for posting the pics.

In addition to the grounding wire, I suggest addressing that EMT (Electrical Metat Tubing, aka "conduit") coming in to the top. A proper offset will have the conduit coming in at a right angle. That is (or rather, should be), a liquid-tight fitting, which requires the plastic washer to be properly captured between the box and the color on the fitting. See the yellow washer on the left-side fitting for example.

That top one not only also looks ghetto, but it's not going to keep water out, and on top is the worst spot, as water will pool and run down inside...