Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disney's current position regarding electric chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I think that might happen especially to the plug in hybrids that have small batteries and fill up rather quick. A day at Disneyland is long, longer than any car needs to charge. The plug is locked unless you swipe your ChargePoint card, so if you plug in you had to have activated the charger. And since there is a $1.5 (or something like that) minimum it would make sense to at least charge for a while or at a low rate. Two cars might have finished charging when I arrived. When I left another EV pulled in and walked away without even plugging in. I really wish all these malls/parks/cities would install the chargers in an inconvenient spot. It would solve this problem immediately.

Because they're prime, it's the reason why EV owners might use it for parking only. The sign I see above distinctly says for EV Charging. Technically, security could begin to give warnings with verbiage that states a ticket may be given the next time and that they've taken a photo of their car for future evidence. Probably wait until the 3rd offence before asking the police to write up a citation. I doubt security or Disney would want to be involved in giving the ticket. Only to provide evidence of a multiple offender. If it's given by the police, Disney can say they have no way of fixing it. I'm sure security can hold pictures in a database and list them under their license plate. And of course multiple signs in these areas stating that monitoring will take place 24 hrs and no parking allowed unless plugged in. That's my take. I worked for Disney in Orlando and believe me, we had SO many rules. This wouldn't be unexpected by a park-goer. :)

The Voltas I've used are on 40A circuits and output 32A (i.e. 80% of 40A).

Chargers are commonly referred by the breaker rating they are on -- the 30A Blinks only output 24A max (and the derated ones are further reduced to 18 or 20 -- can't remember since I don't really use them)...

They may not be all the same, but in my experience, Blink EVSEs were really 30A, although they started limiting them at some point to prevent overheating.

I know this is the Florida Disney thread, but since there seems to be further discussion regarding Anaheim/CA Disneyland:

It appears that CALSTART has gotten a grant to install up to 38 L2 dual port (76 plugs) stations throughout Disneyland. I'm not sure if this includes the 10 dual-port stations already installed at the Disney and Friends parking structure or not...

http://www.energy.ca.gov/business_meetings/2014_packets/2014-06-18/Item_12e_ARV-13-044_CalSTART.pdf

Personally, I think it would make more sense to install all the stations in a single parking lot so that you don't have to go to a different lot if all the stations fill up at a particular location than to spread the stations around 3 different lots.

I know this is the Florida Disney thread, but since there seems to be further discussion regarding Anaheim/CA Disneyland:

It appears that CALSTART has gotten a grant to install up to 38 L2 dual port (76 plugs) stations throughout Disneyland. I'm not sure if this includes the 10 dual-port stations already installed at the Disney and Friends parking structure or not...

http://www.energy.ca.gov/business_meetings/2014_packets/2014-06-18/Item_12e_ARV-13-044_CalSTART.pdf

Personally, I think it would make more sense to install all the stations in a single parking lot so that you don't have to go to a different lot if all the stations fill up at a particular location than to spread the stations around 3 different lots.

I wish that the state of Florida was so progressive as to fund charging stations.

Personally I would like to see Disney installing charging at all their resorts and hotels so we don't even have to drive to Downtown Disney just take their available transportation to get to the theme parks.

Larry

Saw this picture on Facebook today.

10549220_769289596447872_454929178287096000_o.jpg

Looks like the Epcot parking lot!