Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
man that's fresh! I'm too scared/lazy to do this. gotta find a shop in LA to do all that.

really nice bro!! i emailed @Nikola Pro asking if they would install but they don't do that unfortunately. would have been happy to drive to them to get this done.

i bought some for the handles, emblems and cameras which i think I can do, but the window and mirror are out of my patience range.

I have literally 0 patience. I did the whole thing. Trust me, you can do it. Shop local to me wanted $950 for the chrome delete, that savings was enough to spur me on.

I also have a set of 19” Fast Wheels FC04 with track-oriented tires, but they might look good with the chrome delete kit too since they’re dark as well. Hmm maybe I should mount them this weekend just for a photo shoot..

Well, I went ahead and swapped wheels for some photos (and have some fun on twisty roads, where I managed to pulled 1.3 G's lateral - gotta love Track Mode :D).

IMG_2941.jpeg

IMG_2944.jpeg

IMG_2946.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

Working on this at the moment and I am noticing that the creases on the door handles (where the backing sections meet) won't go away.

I can heat and rub all I want, it simply won't budge. The first piece I heated to the point where it stretched so I had to reapply the backup piece.

How do I get rid of these creases without damaging the vinyl?

Working on this at the moment and I am noticing that the creases on the door handles (where the backing sections meet) won't go away.

I can heat and rub all I want, it simply won't budge. The first piece I heated to the point where it stretched so I had to reapply the backup piece.

How do I get rid of these creases without damaging the vinyl?

Let it sit in the sun for a few hours and it'll be fine.

Reactions: BOUNCER
Hi all - a newbie here from the UK.
I’m awaiting delivery of a red Model 3 Performance and have a question.

1. I’m looking to recreate the car below but whilst I would have the de chrome done locally I’m trying to source colour coded (red) door handles that match perfectly that also ship to the Uk.
022EE02B-3EA3-4EE2-A9BA-F73C077CA096.png