Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see you bothered to look at the manual.

It only references a LIFT for lift points doesn’t it.

The pucks are primarily for LIFTS. Because the arms will hit the battery.

There is not a jack included with the car. There is no spare. And no instructions for using the jack Point at all with a single jack. Never mind lifting the whole side.

They sell pucks 4 at a time. For a lift.

I put all 4 pucks on before dropping off at tire shop. FOR THE LIFT. Not for some dope to jack up one corner.

Some hack pumps up on one side. And now it’s official. Everyone copies them and now it’s manufactured suggested.

Don’t go throwing me the B.S. that I have to prove anything. You can treat your car the way you want.

I’m warning others to consider not copying a bad hack.

You prove that Tesla recommends this and I’ll shut up. Not some mobile tech paid by the number tires he swaps. Not the number of panorama roofs that develop a stress crack. Or a squeak from a weld.

A lot of hobby mechanics will use two jacks if they don’t have a lift. Pros will use a lift. A hack will jack up one corner.
Thank goodness; this means that the Tesla Ranger will bring a lift when I have a puncture...... they will wont they?

Crossing over (front right to left rear) is best but requires jack stands or a floor lift. Front to back is simpler, only requires raising one side of the Tesla vehicle. If you see uneven tire wear (inner or outer edge) while rotating that is the time to have an alignment performed.