TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DMC FW: Battery Under Voltage fault, PEM Vbat different from BSM Vbat warning

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by Austrianer, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Austrianer

Austrianer Member

#1 Austrianer, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Last weekend my Roadster alerted Fault during acceleration and switched off motor torque, luckily the car kept rolling until I found a way off the street.

Several error codes were displayed, SOC were at 63%, (see photo from the log):
    1067 - Debug: DMC FW: Battery Under Voltage warning. Torque limited.
    939 - Debug: DMC FW: Battery Under Voltage fault.
    269 - Debug: BSM: Negative contactor/economizer stuck low.
    270 - Debug: BSM: Negative contactor/economizer stuck high.
    1085 - Debug: DMC FW: PEM Vbat different from BSM Vbat warning.

After I confirmed the errors on the VDS and restarted the car with the key, it runs normally.
    Yesterday I made several hard acceleration test drives, but no problem at all.

I reported this to the SEC, their first analysis according to the error codes 1067 and 1085 - there might be a mismatch between the BSM and PEM voltage reporting, maybe a PEM swap is necessary.

Anyone run into this combination of errors ?
    Changing the whole PEM is necessary or anyone knows which part of the PEM could be defect, because we are running out of PEMs at my SEC ?

BTW: Error codes 270, 1067 and 1085 are new for our error code summary !

Attached Files:

2. Austrianer

Austrianer Member

A Short Update:
    After several trips with hard accelerations and approx. 200 km of driving everything seems to work normally, no further error messages.

I haven't checked all Logs since I'm taking them, but it seems the ESS Voltage falls below 300 V for the very first time, never saw this before.

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I unfortunately have seen similar 1 time errors. Fortunately most have not returned in years. So one time glitches are possible.