Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do any HW4 Vehicles have FSD Beta activated ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2022 Model x - that had FSD Beta activated for a 2023 Model X Plaid - with HW4. Sort of disappointed that I went from a working FSD beta vehicle to one that is "waiting for a future update". Help me understand, have any HW4 vehicles had their FSD Beta activated? Does anyone have any insight on time frame for deployment ? I am on Version 2023.20.9. Thanks for any input - it is appreciated.
BHB

FSD beta software has been included in all the general 2023.20.X and 2023.26.X updates so far. But it’s “hidden” so you won’t see any mention of it in the software version unless you have FSD beta active.
TeslaFi shows that only certain updates contain FSD Beta code: TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger. I know that those listings were correct before, are you saying that they’re not correct now? For example, according to TeslaFi, 2023.26.7, which is what I have now, does not have FSD Beta code, but 2023.26.10 has FSD Beta 11.4.4.

Upvote 0
Elon says HW4 will lag HW3 by at least 6 months. The focus will be on getting FSD beta super good on HW3 first.
Keep in mind he is talking about how HW4 will lag some in development. He is not saying new HW4 won't get FSD Beta which is what this tread is about. He also (appears to) Xted that all new HW4 will get FSD Beta 11.4.7 starting "next week" like Early Access HW4 owners have now.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 6.06.13 AM.png

Reactions: Yelobird
Upvote 0
Keep in mind he is talking about how HW4 will lag some in development. He is not saying new HW4 won't get FSD Beta which is what this tread is about. He also (appears to) Xted that all new HW4 will get FSD Beta 11.4.7 starting "next week" like Early Access HW4 owners have now.

View attachment 968551

Thanks. I just wanted prospective HW4 buyers to be aware of the lag in releases so that they don't assume they will immediately get the latest version. There are new Tesla buyers who will come on this forum and ask why they don't immediately have the latest FSD beta version. So I wanted to clarify, especially HW4 cars, that there will be a significant lag in releases.

Reactions: jbrady3324
Upvote 0

View attachment 968551

Where does Elon state that HW4 cars will get FSD? To me, this seems like a new development that HW4 cars won’t get FSD for 6 months (at least)

Upvote 0
I'm really curious how they train FSD to deal with Cybertrucks size and what appears to be different orientation of cameras. I'm doubtful we will see anything beyond basic AP for a while for that car.
Perhaps there are separate NNs where necessary for each model car. Every Tesla model is a different size. The current perception NNs must deal with variations in camera locations between the models.

Upvote 0
My 2023 HW4 Model S has EAP and is on 2023.26.7, which does not include FSD Beta. 2023.26.10, which is newer than what I have, does have FSD Beta 10.4.4, which I understand is compatible with HW4. If I subscribe to FSD, which I plan to do for an upcoming road trip, should I expect to get an update to 2023.26.10 soon after subscribing (not immediately, but maybe within a few days)?

I did have FSD Beta on my previous Model S, and my wife's Model 3 still has it now.
I was hoping to get an answer to my question here, but unfortunately this thread is full of conflicting and incorrect information. Some people are saying no one with HW4 has FSD Beta 10.4.4 yet, but the video posted earlier is from someone who has that combination. Some people have said that all current builds have FSD Beta code, which is definitely not the case.

I'm going to try subscribing to FSD and see what happens. I'm hoping I will get updated to 2023.26.10 which has FSD Beta 10.4.4. I'll let you know what happens. I might lose $100 trying to find out, but I'm willing to take one for the team. :)

Reactions: KArnold
Upvote 0
I was hoping to get an answer to my question here, but unfortunately this thread is full of conflicting and incorrect information. Some people are saying no one with HW4 has FSD Beta 10.4.4 yet, but the video posted earlier is from someone who has that combination. Some people have said that all current builds have FSD Beta code, which is definitely not the case.

I'm going to try subscribing to FSD and see what happens. I'm hoping I will get updated to 2023.26.10 which has FSD Beta 10.4.4. I'll let you know what happens. I might lose $100 trying to find out, but I'm willing to take one for the team. :)
You should hold on to your $100 until you see some AP4 cars on teslafi getting 2023.26.10.

Upvote 0
You should hold on to your $100 until you see some AP4 cars on teslafi getting 2023.26.10.
Agreed. He claims soon but I personally would wait. I think it was stated that early HW4 (a small batch few) received it but that stopped quickly. I have had my new 23 Plaid for 3 weeks with FSD transfer and the beta is still greyed out like others. Until you see Actual HW4 downloads reported I would wait personally.

Reactions: E90alex
Upvote 0
Agreed. He claims soon but I personally would wait. I think it was stated that early HW4 (a small batch few) received it but that stopped quickly. I have had my new 23 Plaid for 3 weeks with FSD transfer and the beta is still greyed out like others. Until you see Actual HW4 downloads reported I would wait personally.
All HW4 cars were eligible for the FSD Beta Early Access program until the factory software passed 23.7.x (FSD Beta 11.4.x software). It is just HW4 was only in S and Xs (I think) before the factory software passed 23.7.x

I'd bet a 🍩 that newer HW4 people will get 11.4.x FSD Beta before the end of next week.

Upvote 0
All HW4 cars were eligible for the FSD Beta Early Access program until the factory software passed 23.7.x (FSD Beta 11.4.x software). It is just HW4 was only in S and Xs (I think) before the factory software passed 23.7.x

I'd bet a 🍩 that newer HW4 people will get 11.4.x FSD Beta before the end of next week.
Perhaps, but there is zero reason for a HW4 EAP owner to start a subscription until FSDb actually rolls out to HW4 cars on the production branch. You get absolutely nothing for the $100/month.

Upvote 0