Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do colors determine EDD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it can...but it isn't clear cut. Tesla prioritizes production runs of the more popular colors. Tesla runs batches of each color. However, what schedule they have for this is unknown (and probably changes all the time based on demand).

As a broad generalization, white is the most popular "color" followed by MSM and Blue. Black and Red are usually the least popular. It seems like Black and Red can lead to a longer delivery time. However, you could luck out and order Black right when Tesla is running a batch of Black and get the car very quickly if there isn't too big of a backlog.

It seems the "popularity" of the colours is tied to the price more so than actual preference.

As to your question, I think white might speed things up, MSM will likely make little difference and Black may slow things down. But again it just depends on when they run a certain color line.

Also, even though they produce more white, they also have more white orders so in the end it may all even out.

Black/Black here.

Ordered 1/13.
Rejected first delivery 1/15
New EDD for new VIN: 2/4-2/11.

I would assume order date trumps color at this point.
But like the poster above this one @arbitrage000 said, it probably goes by batches and popularity.
I 100% agree that white, MSM are more popular and probably made in more batches. Red is probably least popular.

Yes it can...but it isn't clear cut. Tesla prioritizes production runs of the more popular colors. Tesla runs batches of each color. However, what schedule they have for this is unknown (and probably changes all the time based on demand).

As a broad generalization, white is the most popular "color" followed by MSM and Blue. Black and Red are usually the least popular. It seems like Black and Red can lead to a longer delivery time. However, you could luck out and order Black right when Tesla is running a batch of Black and get the car very quickly if there isn't too big of a backlog.

It seems the "popularity" of the colours is tied to the price more so than actual preference.

As to your question, I think white might speed things up, MSM will likely make little difference and Black may slow things down. But again it just depends on when they run a certain color line.

Also, even though they produce more white, they also have more white orders so in the end it may all even out.

didn't realize black and red was the least popular colors.

i ordered black on the 18th and got edd of 3/17-3/31.

some family members ordered the same day and after me but in white have edd of feb.

Black/Black here.

Ordered 1/13.
Rejected first delivery 1/15
New EDD for new VIN: 2/4-2/11.

I would assume order date trumps color at this point.
But like the poster above this one @arbitrage000 said, it probably goes by batches and popularity.
I 100% agree that white, MSM are more popular and probably made in more batches. Red is probably least popular.
I have a feeling they set batches by week of the order date and then by color within that.