Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do FSD strikes ever get reset without striking out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of questions:
1) Does anyone think that any strikes I previously had may suddenly appear after I activate my subscription?
2) Does driving over the allowed speed (90?) count as a strike?

1. No
2. No

It appears you have no strikes.

Are you on 2023.40.30.*? AP (not FSDb) counts strikes differently than before. This version also removes existing strikes when it installs.
Update: I added FSD subscription today, and it shows that my Autosteer strike from before did indeed carry forward, but the prior excess speed did not. Therefore, the correct answers are 1) Yes, and 2) No

I struck out and it is frustrating. If you look at the screen, or at least if I look at the screen I get a strike. Annoying when Tesla reroutes you and you are trying to see what is going on. So far I am not impressed. While helpful, all passengers so far greatly prefer my driving and cringe if I turn it on.

Fact that Tesla is still babying people that paid 10k for their software to use how we like (they are already covered legally for miss use) is ridiculous...

I strike out and go to time out corner at least once a month at this point and Idgaf...I dont need to look at the damn road stuck in NYC traffic going 10mph

there is ZERO reason FSD should not be level 3/4 for anything under 30 mph...

• Funny
Reactions: Dewg and uscbucsfan
I prefer my situation. The latest updates won't install. Had it at Tesla for 8 hours, while I waited, and tech could not "remotely" figure out the problem. FYI: Third "remote" technician, even though they had me drive to Tesla and the other two were while I was at home on WiFi. When I said "Give me the f'n car, I'm out!", they replied "It's the MCU. The MCU needs to be replaced.". I instructed them to do so and they said they didn't have any in stock and I would have to approve it before they order a new one. I said "Approve what? The MCU is 4 months old, installed by you... it doesn't have a warranty?" They replied "That's not true." I simply showed them the $3800 receipt. After a few text messages and a phone call, it's no longer the MCU... it's the ECU. $1700. I asked for a part number. They provided it. I looked it up, no such part .

I didn't mention what I was doing, but instead said "Replace it. You have my credit card on file." I was then told, "We don't have any in stock and you would have to approve it before we order a new one." So once again I reiterated "Give me the f'n car, I'm out!"

They didn't seem to care, hey... it was Friday and half their staff was "working from home"... MECHANICS! They told me this... several times. Now, it costs them real money every time I pull out of my garage... literally. I received the Federal Notifications and yes... I filed... "Recall Status Incomplete". This carries a DAILY fine to Tesla, not (me) the hands free driver ;)

Hoping someone knows about the new strike removal system and when it's supposed to take effect. I have the new Highland on v12 (2024.14.9) FSD 12.3.6.
Are FSD strikes supposed to fall off after 1 week of no strikes? I have had a full week and I still have 4 strikes.
Also, if I get my 5th strike the last day before FSD expires, and I wait a week to re-subscribe, will the FSD time-out resume, or will the week I am unsubscribed count toward the 1 week time-out period?

Hoping someone knows about the new strike removal system and when it's supposed to take effect. I have the new Highland on v12 (2024.14.9) FSD 12.3.6.
Are FSD strikes supposed to fall off after 1 week of no strikes? I have had a full week and I still have 4 strikes.
Also, if I get my 5th strike the last day before FSD expires, and I wait a week to re-subscribe, will the FSD time-out resume, or will the week I am unsubscribed count toward the 1 week time-out period?
5 strikes and you're suspended from all ADAS functions for 1 week. Then the strikes reset to 0. The 1 week timeout will count on your 1 month.

Reactions: kindaiwantto
5 strikes and you're suspended from all ADAS functions for 1 week. Then the strikes reset to 0. The 1 week timeout will count on your 1 month
Thanks for your reply!
I'm just a little confused on that last bit. My current FSD trial ends 6/28. I want to plan a fifth strikeout just before that and get timed out for one week. And then wait that week before resubscribing to FSD for $99, as I don't want to pay for something I can't use. I hope I'm making sense. I wonder if that will work?

Thanks for your reply!
I'm just a little confused on that last bit. My current FSD trial ends 6/28. I want to plan a fifth strikeout just before that and get timed out for one week. And then wait that week before resubscribing to FSD for $99, as I don't want to pay for something I can't use. I hope I'm making sense. I wonder if that will work?
With the 2024.20.1 rollout, I'd think your plan is probably unnecessary. It seems like most cars should have (the option to install) the new firmware within a week or so and then your strikes will start to fall off if you don't get any more.

Reactions: kindaiwantto