Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSDb 11.3.6 to 11.4.2 doesn't reset strikes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! Just putting this out there for anyone else thinking about it. I finally got pushed to 11.4.2 today. Since I was at 4 strikes, I forced a disengagement to hit my 5th strike causing the 2 week lockout prior to the update. I then updated to 11.4.2 and it changed the lockout to 1 week in the Autopilot menu, but did not reset back to 0 strikes immediately.

Have we ever ironed out roughly when these lockout resets happen? I thought it was going to be every sub-version (11.x to 11.y) but apparently I was wrong 😅

Now to wait yet another week to play with 11.4.2...

How do you force a strike by disengaging? I disengage multiple times per drive, frequently when it nags for hands on wheel and my hand is on it and putting just not enough torque - I just yank the wheel hard to force it to disengage so I can report their nag sucks. If any sort of disengagement should irritate the strike system it seems like this should, but I've never gotten a strike on any release (for any reason).

Seems like an easy strike would be to not torque the wheel then have your passenger hold a phone up and ignore the litany of complaints.

Obviously after your one week suspension the strike count is set to zero.

I'd love to see strikes disappear after 30 days.
That seems like a great idea to me too! Rewarding good behavior by slowly eliminating strikes, such as having 30 days rolling no disengagements for a strike to be removed or having each strike get removed 30 days after it's received.

How do you force a strike by disengaging? I disengage multiple times per drive, frequently when it nags for hands on wheel and my hand is on it and putting just not enough torque - I just yank the wheel hard to force it to disengage so I can report their nag sucks. If any sort of disengagement should irritate the strike system it seems like this should, but I've never gotten a strike on any release (for any reason).

Seems like an easy strike would be to not torque the wheel then have your passenger hold a phone up and ignore the litany of complaints.

I just didn't touch the wheel until it disengaged.

if is a BETA software only why we were charged for it ? Right ?
And if we paid for it why is it taken away from us ? Right?
If is taken away does Tesla refund the money back ? NO

Do we tell Tesla how to spend the money we pay for the Dumb BETA software? NO ,

I SMELL A BIG LAW SUIT !

if is a BETA software only why we were charged for it ? Right ?
And if we paid for it why is it taken away from us ? Right?
If is taken away does Tesla refund the money back ? NO

Do we tell Tesla how to spend the money we pay for the Dumb BETA software? NO ,

I SMELL A BIG LAW SUIT !
Ahem. One buys a house before it’s built. Happens all the time. When one does that, one gets the (future) house at a discount. If the builder fails to deliver, there may be a lawsuit; otherwise, one gets a new, spiffy house considerably cheaper than trying to buy a built, ready-to-move-in place. I, like many others, am sitting in such a place right now. (And, in fact, one can ask for slight, zero-cost modifications: color of the house, carpets, paint, where the counters go, etc.. So there’s advantages to this approach.)

Tesla’s shtick is similar and doesn’t fash the courts. Elon and Tesla have said repeatedly that the closer they get to a non-Beta version of FSD, the more they’re going to charge for it. Got mine for $4k back in the day; others paid far less. The $12k-$15k they’re charging now will be a LOT less than the eventual price when (and if) Robotaxi releases.

The, “and if” is legitimate, though. It’s clear that this is a research project, in the sense that nobody’s ever built a location independent, city streets version of FSD before. Lots of different problems, from machine vision, to avoiding pedestrians, to actually working correctly in the presence of humans have to be solved. It’s taking longer than Elon or the other engineers and scientists at Tesla anticipated, especially as they’ve had to invent whole new technologies (like Dojo) to move things along.

But they clearly haven’t given up yet. So I think that you and your lawsuit ideas aren’t going to have much traction. Maybe in a year or three, if it grinds to a halt. But that’s not now.

Ahem. One buys a house before it’s built. Happens all the time. When one does that, one gets the (future) house at a discount. If the builder fails to deliver, there may be a lawsuit; otherwise, one gets a new, spiffy house considerably cheaper than trying to buy a built, ready-to-move-in place. I, like many others, am sitting in such a place right now. (And, in fact, one can ask for slight, zero-cost modifications: color of the house, carpets, paint, where the counters go, etc.. So there’s advantages to this approach.)

Tesla’s shtick is similar and doesn’t fash the courts. Elon and Tesla have said repeatedly that the closer they get to a non-Beta version of FSD, the more they’re going to charge for it. Got mine for $4k back in the day; others paid far less. The $12k-$15k they’re charging now will be a LOT less than the eventual price when (and if) Robotaxi releases.

The, “and if” is legitimate, though. It’s clear that this is a research project, in the sense that nobody’s ever built a location independent, city streets version of FSD before. Lots of different problems, from machine vision, to avoiding pedestrians, to actually working correctly in the presence of humans have to be solved. It’s taking longer than Elon or the other engineers and scientists at Tesla anticipated, especially as they’ve had to invent whole new technologies (like Dojo) to move things along.

But they clearly haven’t given up yet. So I think that you and your lawsuit ideas aren’t going to have much traction. Maybe in a year or three, if it grinds to a halt. But that’s not now.
YOU just don’t get it ! You pay for the home at the time you get the keys not before! Take the whole time you want to build your dumb home, just don’t tell how to drive the dumb car after I have paid for it and then software that comes with it ! The home builders never treat you to take the roof off the house if you don’t keep it clean or if you slam the door !

YOU just don’t get it ! You pay for the home at the time you get the keys not before! Take the whole time you want to build your dumb home, just don’t tell how to drive the dumb car after I have paid for it and then software that comes with it ! The home builders never treat you to take the roof off the house if you don’t keep it clean or if you slam the door !
Um. In my case, we paid for the home in installments, with the final payment not even being the biggest one. The builders needed the money to buy materials, don't-cha-know. This kind of thing is not at all an unusual arrangement, and certainly wasn't in the development the house went up in. And the house is great - the builders have a certain rep in this town and continue to build more homes. And, yeah, they did build one house, complete, as the model; and the buyer of said model paid considerably more than the rest of us, seeing as it was move-in ready when they got it.

When you paid for FSD-b, unless you were blind, it was clear that it was a Beta and wasn't fully functional yet. Unless you were kind of wishing for a pony, and didn't get the pony you wished for. But that's on you and your reading skills, not on Tesla.