Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do gou have indefinite extension of EAP free trial if you don’t update software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is day 15 of my EAP free trial which is supposed to last 14 days but it’s still active. I have not updated my software after getting two update notifications in the past two days. Just wonder if I don’t update software maybe I will have free EAP forever.

My trial "expired" yesterday morning. Then I updated software from 28.3 to 32.6 last night (didn't actually do any driving yesterday, so not sure what actual AP status was between the expiration and software update.) However, AP is still available as of this morning after the update, with trial still showing "0 days remaining."

That’s true. But maybe the only way Tesla can disable a EAP free trial is by a software update. It’s been noted previously when people updated their software the free trial was prematurely terminated.
I doubt it. That is basic software licensing code. Just like a free trial of an antivirus program will end even if you don't connect to the internet.

Reactions: Derek Kessler