Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need to change the tyre if the sidewall is damage like this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You seriously think the poster doesn't know this. I think he's being funny because anyone would know the tire isn't safe after looking at it. Come on people, use your brains!
I'm gonna work under the assumption that someone who asked question that has a potentially dangerous problem with their car is being serious and even if they're not, maybe it might help someone else who might see this thread and not know their sidewall is the thinnest part of their tire.

But hey, keep using your brains and assume people are posting questions to troll :)

I'm gonna work under the assumption that someone who asked question that has a potentially dangerous problem with their car is being serious and even if they're not, maybe it might help someone else who might see this thread and not know their sidewall is the thinnest part of their tire.

But hey, keep using your brains and assume people are posting questions to troll :)

(Moderator note)

As a rule, I would say that this is the appropriate position to take. I get why someone would question whether the first post is ment in ernest, but its best to assume so, especially if it has to do with safety, which this does.

Reactions: SpriteM3
As a rule, I would say that this is the appropriate position to take. I get why someone would question whether the first post is ment in ernest, but its best to assume so, especially if it has to do with safety, which this does.
I understand that but the picture of the tire shows the sidewall literally has flaps that were cut into it. Cut flaps, how could anyone think that was safe? Scraped gouges I could understand but not cuts with flaps.