Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

do side camera's view on the screen work as well as side mirrors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd really appreciate feedback on the Nxtgen stick on convex for those that have used them.

If it matter I'm of the "Blind spot alerting should be in your standard eye scan". Which means I don't care for "now look at the center display" concept as is. For that matter I don't care for "works when your turn signal is on" limitation either. I prefer advancing spatial awareness 24/7, and standard mirror alerts are spatial feedback I process from my peripheral vision and essentially subconsciously.

For me then, anything that adds to this awareness is good. Not sure I want to alter standard mirror clarity or depth perception, hence I'm leaning towards the Nxtgen.

Thanks for thoughts!

Signal, mirror, camera display, mirror, change lanes.
Hmm...I prefer mirror, signal, camera display...no need for second mirror glance, IMHO.

But I'm a rearview mirror junkie. I ALWAYS know what's coming up behind/beside me. Rearward glance every 10-15 seconds, part of my defensive driving routine.

I'd really appreciate feedback on the Nxtgen stick on convex for those that have used them.

If it matter I'm of the "Blind spot alerting should be in your standard eye scan". Which means I don't care for "now look at the center display" concept as is. For that matter I don't care for "works when your turn signal is on" limitation either. I prefer advancing spatial awareness 24/7, and standard mirror alerts are spatial feedback I process from my peripheral vision and essentially subconsciously.

For me then, anything that adds to this awareness is good. Not sure I want to alter standard mirror clarity or depth perception, hence I'm leaning towards the Nxtgen.

Thanks for thoughts!
I purchased, installed the Nxtgen convex stick on mirrors in 2021 (purchased from Nxtgen on Amazon.) I followed the directions and prewarmed the mirror using a hair dryer. The mirrors remain firmly attached, I use them every time I drive. I use the turn signal blind spot side repeater view too but in my 2020 LRMY it takes a second for the camera view to be displayed on the screen. The only thing I would add it you might want to install aftermarket mirrors (available clear or with a blue tint and the heating element.) There might be an aftermarket side mirror with the auto dimming function bu my 2020 LRMY does not have auto dimming side mirrors.

Model 3 wing mirror showdown: US OEM vs Europe OEM vs Suma Performance vs Hansshow

Suma Performance

Extended View Mirrors | Custom BMW Blind Spot Mirrors

Thanks. Yep, read em all, searched here in the forum, etc.

At this moment I'm leaning towards retaining the "flat" left mirror and adding the convex. Wifes car, she already feels like she's over-whelmed. She's been in enough of my stiff with flat plus convex that she uses the combo well, or at least doesn't complain and doesn't hit anybody.

These things said user feedback after a few years means a lot, so thanks!

Thanks. Yep, read em all, searched here in the forum, etc.

At this moment I'm leaning towards retaining the "flat" left mirror and adding the convex. Wifes car, she already feels like she's over-whelmed. She's been in enough of my stiff with flat plus convex that she uses the combo well, or at least doesn't complain and doesn't hit anybody.

These things said user feedback after a few years means a lot, so thanks!
Before I purchased the Nxtgen stick on convex mirrors there is one part of my daily drive, often twice a day, where I would have to check my blind spot two or three times before I would change lanes. The Nxtgen mirrors really saved the day (this was prior to Tesla adding the side repeater camera view option when the turn signal is on.) Now I check the mirror(s) once and by then the Tesla camera view is displayed, I check that too.

Hmm...I prefer mirror, signal, camera display...no need for second mirror glance, IMHO.

But I'm a rearview mirror junkie. I ALWAYS know what's coming up behind/beside me. Rearward glance every 10-15 seconds, part of my defensive driving routine.
i am with you. First I look at the rearview mirror to see if it’s even possible to change lane (cars coming quickly on the lane), then turn on signal, camera display (it has a much wider view than the side mirror), side mirror to make sure someone not creeping up suddenly!
I think the last check on the side mirror might not be needed, but I am not used to the camera view yet! Tesla‘s emergency lane change braking would prevent the change if it thinks there is a possibility of a collision!