Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think there will be a "luxury" Model X in the future?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mercedes had the shifter on the steering column since long time ago on their luxury vehicles. Tesla is using the same part. It's not unique to Tesla.

I do not see some of your wishes ever come to Tesla. What you are asking for is a car unique to yourself.

Imports are pricey to maintain? Maybe you are referring to Italian exotics? I've owned BMWs, Mercedes, and Porsche before and none of them required any pricey maintenance. In fact they only needed oil changes / filters / wiper blades in terms of maintenance. Tesla vehicles need the same kind of maintenance sans oil, but the price is also in the hundreds. My 2011 M3 (built in 2010 and picked up in Munich May 2010) is still kicking around with zero problem.

When there are more options in the next couple of years from the German manufacturers, I do not see myself getting another Tesla. There are people who got the Volvo XC90 instead of the Model X and they are quite happy with their choices.

Reactions: mal_tsla
Hah!

On a tangent, what is the proper etiquette when charging an EV? Do you have to wait until the person comes out of the local store or whatever for them to unplug the charger from their car? I'd imagine that touching someone else's charging flap & removing the public cord is grounds for some sort of lawsuit.
On a Tesla, if the car is locked, you can't remove the cable. That's why you need it to be unlocked or have the Fob on you (same thing). Other cars (1772, etc.) I'm not sure if they lock it in or not.

With the Model 3 coming out (and looking extremely nice, from the recent pictures & videos), I'm curious if Tesla is going to step up their game in the luxury department to really set the higher-end models apart for the more budget-friendly models. I am considering a Model X this year & recently took a friend's X with Ludicrous Mode out for an extensive test-drive. While there were a number of things that thrilled me about it, I was also pretty disappointed in a lot of aspects, especially given the nearly $160k pricetag on his model.

Please note that this isn't designed to be a poo-poo thread, but an honest evaluation of things I'd like to see in the X. I'm sure many of these things have been discussed before, but as I was just in a late-model X & with the 3 coming out this year, I think it's a good time to revisit the discussion, as I feel like the X is missing some great features in the areas of luxury, technology, and convenience. I'll skip the small stuff that you already know about if you've driven a luxury car in the past, but some specific things I'd like to see include:

1. Air-conditioned seats: Heated seats throughout the cabin with the sub-zero package, yes, but what about for hot days? Also, no ventilated seat option. Rumor is too many people were spilling drinks on them & frying the electronics.

2. Luxury seats: I come from a Volvo background. You can literally take a nap in the heavenly interior of a fully-loaded S80 (I'm sure the newer S90 is equally good). The seats in the X were good, but not...fantastic. For a car that is designed to be more SUV than supercar, you would think that there were be more comfort put in for the seats & touchpoints. Wasn't particularly impressed with the steering wheel either...would have preferred something a bit larger & more grippy, like a Mustang GT350 has. This was, after, all a sub-3-second car (and also my first time using Ludicrous mode, amazing!).

3. Shifter: Speaking of the steering wheel, I thought the way the car shifted gears (via the weird stalk/digital system) was really dumb. Felt like I was in a minivan. I know it's one of those things you get used to over time, but it felt old in style & a bit overly-complicated. I really like the shifter in the newer Prius lineup...you have shift knob directly under the screen, with a clear layout for Reverse/Neutral/Drive, and a light-up "Park" button. Very very intuitive & easy to access. I don't think this will ever change (at least not anytime soon in the X), just felt the need to complain about it...hah.

4. Lack of cameras: I was really surprised that there was only one (albeit high-definition) camera available. I am a really big fan of Infiniti's 360-degree "Around View" monitoring system. When we stopped for lunch, I parallel-parked between a couple cars. When we left, I was worried about hitting the car in front of me because I wasn't used to the depth-perception required for the car's outer limits yet. The Range Rover Evoque (which has terrible visibility) has a similar system (not sure about the newer models, but the older ones had 5 cameras total) with a pair of front curb cameras that not only allowed you to see out the front, but also helped you see around snowdrifts when you were pulling out into traffic, without having to stick your nose out too far. I know that the Autopilot tech is getting better & will probably help in these areas, but I'd really rather have some convenience & safety options here. The CTS6 also has a really neat new rearview mirror screen for the rear camera. It's just a bit strange that all we get is one big jumbo HD rear camera & nothing else.

5. Lack of DVR: Chevy has the Performance Data Recorder available on the new Corvettes, which includes a dashcam of sorts. This would be a great feature on such an expensive car. Which has an HD camera. With a giant touchscreen in the middle of the dashboard.

6. Driving comfort: I've read some reports that the Tesla isn't the most comfortable for rides. I actually found the opposite to be true, it was pretty dang smooth. The X moreso, due to the extra size & weight. It wasn't luxury-smooth, but it was very good. Felt better than my coworker's A7. Although...it could stand to be a bit softer. I've read here that the bags vs. springs feels the same, although there is some play with the steering wheel settings; I'm curious if Tesla would ever offer an adaptable ride suspension system. In the film world, we have a lot of neat technologies - for a really interesting system, look up "The Mill Blackbird" on Vimeo, which is a cutting-edge EV chassis used for filming car commercials & movies with cars. The chassis can be adjusted to mimic the ride handling of any car past or present; it would be cool if Tesla offering something bleeding-edge like this, where you could switch it out from caddy mode to viper mode. On most days, I would prefer having a more comfortable ride, but it would be cool to be able to switch it up for more spirited driving. They're halfway there with Ludicrous mode & being able to lower the car on the bagged suspension (which was funny to watch in person as it see-sawed back & forth).

Small gripes
:

1. Supercharging: This should be free on ALL X & S models, due to the premium price tag, to help differentiate the feature set from the Model 3.

2. Falcon-wing doors:
Yes, I think these are cool. So cool that I came close to buying a Delorean several times, but decided not to (primarily due to safety concerns). However, they are attention-grabbing (one of the nice things about the Tesla S & X is that they have otherwise understated designs) & seem a bit finicky. Not super wobbly, but enough that I would question their longevity & long-term maintenance requirements. Don't hate me, but I would love sliding doors on an X, especially for children access.

3. Giant screen:
No, I'm not a luddite. I just like manual buttons that I don't have to look at while I'm driving & can simply operate by feel (like using a Tivo remote in the dark!). I feel like an 8" or even a 10" screen is sufficient. The giant screen just feels gimmicky to me, especially since there's no HUD, there's no front cameras, there's no built-in DVR, etc. The fact that it is there makes me feel like there a lot of missed opportunities to use it in really unique & even fairly standard ways. Also, what's up with no backseat entertainment options? I guess they just expect people to play on iPads or their phones now. A 17" screen behind each seat would sure be nice for watching movies on road trips!

4. No HUD: Plenty of production cars come with heads-up displays now. I'm not a fan of looking down at a giant, bright screen to see a map...would much rather look at a simple HUD on the glass in front of the steering wheel. And having used aftermarket options like Navdy, I would prefer a HUD that's built-in & doesn't require you to re-focus your eyes while driving.

5. Keyfob size: Not a fan. Cool, yes, but huge. I wish there was a credit card-style version, like the 2go Keyless iKey model.

6. Spare tire: Oh my gosh. This really peeves me. I've had two flats in the last two years; it is SO much easier just changing out the tire on the spot. Looks like the options are tire goo or wait on a Ranger or tow. On the flip side, due to the weight of the car & size of even the smallest tire, it doesn't seem like the best option to add a DIY aftermarket kit. Hmm.

Separate review & discussion
:

1. Ludicrous mode:
I am on the fence about Ludicrous mode. Separate from the significant cost, I am curious about the gimmicky nature of it...does the fun wear off after awhile? (serious question) Especially given that while it is awesome to experience (especially with just a blip of torque steer!), you're not getting the same effect as driving a fire-breathing muscle car complete with physical vibrations, engine acoustics pulsing your body, etc. While I am a Tesla fanboy, I am also not blind to the draw of or opposed to the idea of ICE vehicles & enjoy the experience of a fun, powerful engine-based vehicle just as much as driving electric. Part of the reason I ask is that I did not spend enough time with the car to really see the "daily driving" differences between 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds vs. 2.9 seconds with Ludicrous mode (guess which one I spend the most time in). I have spent money on features that were really cool initially but got old quick before & would kind of hate to be a year or two down the road and shrug off the speed boost (the X would be my daily driver).

2. Safety: One of the big draws of the X is the safety, which is also a big reason I like Volvos. I've been hit several times & it has been a scary experience each time. I like that this car is really, really safe (Autopilot features aside).

3. Autopilot: Moreso than simply having a high-performing EV, I think Autopilot is the biggest draw for me. I peak at around 200 miles a day with my daily commute (3-4 hours of driving), although it's typically closer to 2 hours of driving most days, depending on which campus I'm headed to. That rules out even the newer 107-mile Leaf, although GM's Bolt is a nice option with 238 tested miles...but as I'm stuck in traffic sometimes (A/C on, radio on, etc.), having that extra 50 miles of range on the X is nice (especially if it's winter & I need the heat on). AWD is obviously a huge benefit in the snowy winters. But coupled with the range is the Autopilot...most of my commute is highway. TACC has been a wonderful upgrade from standard cruise control, to the point where it almost feels like a self-driving car, so my first time with Autopilot felt very natural because all it was really adding was automatic lane-keep assist (so to speak). Plus it'd be nice to eat food fairly hands-free (long commutes = eating on the road a lot!).

No car is perfect & I am being nitpicky, but not without cause...it's an expensive car & I would like to see more luxury features in it, especially in the interior. Sign me up for a "plush" Model X! There will always be a zillion little features I want as well, like...$160k with falcon doors, but no motorized frunk? Really? I do like that the cars are constantly going through design revisions, however - like having matte seat backings now, instead of glossy. I am in no rush to buy, although ordering today means it wouldn't get here until June, but I'm wondering if it would be smarter to wait until after the July unveiling of the 3 to see if any spiffy new features become available on the X (more cameras, more sensors, more luxury features, etc.).

J*sus H Chr*st. This is not the car for you - you filled up several pages complaining - buy something else bud.

I have a new Model X, and I find it quite luxurious already. Here are my observations.
Seats: The seats are more comfortable than my husband's Lexus SUV. (Seat comfort is highly individual preference, though.) I love the Ultra White interior. I live in the desert, so I would appreciate ventilated seats as well. There are rumors that they are working out the kinks after their first gen of ventilated seats, so I wouldn't be surprised if ventilated seats make a comeback.
Shifter: I like it as-is. I don't find it "minivanish" at all.
Cameras: I wish it had a bird's eye system for parking, but that could become possible as EAP uses all of its cameras (currently just using 2 of the 4 for EAP, and it can go potentially up to 8 cameras in use for FSD). Data recording (or at least access to the data on board) would be a nice feature, too. It seems a bit silly for us to add on consumer cameras when the car already has so many.
Driving Comfort: This is smoothest driving car I have ever been in! Maybe the S is better (I haven't been in one), but I feel like I'm floating in my Model X.
Supercharging: I have yet to use a Supercharger. I charge at home. I'm not a road tripper. I simply don't have the time to drive long distances, so I fly for travel. For people who need/rely on the Supercharger system, it would be nice to maybe be able to purchase Supercharger credits (on a sliding discount scale), but including Free Supercharging in the base price of the car isn't quite fair to the people who don't/won't use the SC network.
Flaconwing doors: Love them. Have had no issues in my short ownership (knock on wood). My elderly in-laws have no problems getting in and out, and I can't say the same for our Lexus SUV. Sliding doors? Now that screams "minivan" to me.
Giant screen: Love it. The UI is well thought out (unlike most). The Lexus SUV controls are far more complicated than they need to be. I'd take the simple touch screen over multi-function knobs and buttons any day.
HUD: The Lexus has a HUD. It's nice. I don't feel that the Model X requires one, though. The dash is very well designed. It's just as useable as a HUD.
Keyfob: I'm not a fan. It's large and a bit awkward. Opening the FWD when you want to open the driver/passenger doors is not cool. Single-click, double-click, triple-click for different functions. Gah. (My car is being detailed today, and I had to teach the detailer how to use the fob. Something like a keyfob needs to be as intuitive as possible.)
Spare tire: Would be nice. I haven't gotten a flat yet, and I hope I never do. This causes me a bit of anxiety. (Our roads are not well maintained and have a lot of accident debris. It's not a tire-friendly place.)
Ludicrous and Performance models: I'm not a speed freak, but to each his (or her) own. If people want to pay for it, I have absolutely no problem with that. I doubt the people who pay for Ludicrous ever get tired of it.
Safety: Awesome! I haven't been in any kind of incident, but it is nice knowing that I'll likely walk away from one, even if the car is totaled.
Autopilot: This was a major selling point for me, and I have not been disappointed. I got my car a few days before 8.1 came out, so I never really experienced EAP when it was... significantly less good. I look forward to watching it get even better and learning more tricks. As soon as they are "go" for Full-Self Drive, I'll merrily pay my $4k for the privilege.

Reactions: NeverFollow
I have a new Model X, and I find it quite luxurious already. Here are my observations.
Cameras: I wish it had a bird's eye system for parking, but that could become possible as EAP uses all of its cameras (currently just using 2 of the 4 for EAP, and it can go potentially up to 8 cameras in use for FSD). Data recording (or at least access to the data on board) would be a nice feature, too. It seems a bit silly for us to add on consumer cameras when the car already has so many.
Note that the problem with getting 360/bird's eye (which I want also for easier parking, etc.) is that there is no front-end camera like the the one near the rear license plate. None of the ones over the windshield can 'see' down in front of the bumper. Seems to me with the long road (pun not intended) ahead until Level 4/5 is nationwide (never mind worldwide), that should have been added for AP2.

J*sus H Chr*st. This is not the car for you - you filled up several pages complaining - buy something else bud.

Yeah, we wouldn't want our cars to get better or anything radical like that! Glad you're happy with what you got. Many of us just want Tesla to at least have feature/comfort parity with gas cars half its price.

Give me an Infiniti QX60 with a Tesla battery and I'd be good to go!

Note that the problem with getting 360/bird's eye (which I want also for easier parking, etc.) is that there is no front-end camera like the the one near the rear license plate. None of the ones over the windshield can 'see' down in front of the bumper. Seems to me with the long road (pun not intended) ahead until Level 4/5 is nationwide (never mind worldwide), that should have been added for AP2.
I had wondered if the placement of the cameras would be able to create a bird's eye image.
The other option would be for EAP to enable a perpendicular parking feature, which is perhaps more likely than a bird's eye/360 view? I only use the bird's eye/360 system on the Lexus when I'm parking.

I had wondered if the placement of the cameras would be able to create a bird's eye image.
The other option would be for EAP to enable a perpendicular parking feature, which is perhaps more likely than a bird's eye/360 view? I only use the bird's eye/360 system on the Lexus when I'm parking.
The real problem is, is the ultrasonic 'view' sufficient. Obvious, Tesla thinks so (they have parallel and perpendicular parking enabled or soon to be so). But for us that want to park 'ourselves', I think we need a different spectrum sensor on the front!

Don't expect major improvements to the Tesla interior until they have real competition, which should be in about 2 or 3 years when the Germans hit the long range electric segment. Tesla is missing many simple comfort items (did you notice no coat hooks or hand-holds?) that they could easily incorporate, I think they just don't care or want to bother with them. But when people have a real choice from other companies with a good charging infrastructure, they will need to improve, or buyers will just drift away.

Teslas are as or more expensive than the luxury brands because of the power train and batteries, not because of luxury appointments. And I'm fine with that. It's just that there are many things that could easily be improved without adding much cost or complexity, and that's what's frustration.

About being spoiled by driving the top-of-the-line P100D, I would seriously suggest driving the non-P model. I think you'll find that 0-60 in 4.8 seconds will nail you to your seat back pretty impressively. Other than the retracting spoiler and the acceleration, I don't think there's any other difference between the two.

Oh, and I don't care much about the overhead view, but having the rear view mirror being a display, like with the Bolt, would be a really nice addition. Especially with the obstructed view those headrests create. Didn't the sensors tell you how close you were getting to the other cars when parking?

With the Model 3 coming out (and looking extremely nice, from the recent pictures & videos), I'm curious if Tesla is going to step up their game in the luxury department to really set the higher-end models apart for the more budget-friendly models. I am considering a Model X this year & recently took a friend's X with Ludicrous Mode out for an extensive test-drive. While there were a number of things that thrilled me about it, I was also pretty disappointed in a lot of aspects, especially given the nearly $160k pricetag on his model.

Please note that this isn't designed to be a poo-poo thread, but an honest evaluation of things I'd like to see in the X. I'm sure many of these things have been discussed before, but as I was just in a late-model X & with the 3 coming out this year, I think it's a good time to revisit the discussion, as I feel like the X is missing some great features in the areas of luxury, technology, and convenience. I'll skip the small stuff that you already know about if you've driven a luxury car in the past, but some specific things I'd like to see include:

1. Air-conditioned seats: Heated seats throughout the cabin with the sub-zero package, yes, but what about for hot days? Also, no ventilated seat option. Rumor is too many people were spilling drinks on them & frying the electronics.

2. Luxury seats: I come from a Volvo background. You can literally take a nap in the heavenly interior of a fully-loaded S80 (I'm sure the newer S90 is equally good). The seats in the X were good, but not...fantastic. For a car that is designed to be more SUV than supercar, you would think that there were be more comfort put in for the seats & touchpoints. Wasn't particularly impressed with the steering wheel either...would have preferred something a bit larger & more grippy, like a Mustang GT350 has. This was, after, all a sub-3-second car (and also my first time using Ludicrous mode, amazing!).

3. Shifter: Speaking of the steering wheel, I thought the way the car shifted gears (via the weird stalk/digital system) was really dumb. Felt like I was in a minivan. I know it's one of those things you get used to over time, but it felt old in style & a bit overly-complicated. I really like the shifter in the newer Prius lineup...you have shift knob directly under the screen, with a clear layout for Reverse/Neutral/Drive, and a light-up "Park" button. Very very intuitive & easy to access. I don't think this will ever change (at least not anytime soon in the X), just felt the need to complain about it...hah.

4. Lack of cameras: I was really surprised that there was only one (albeit high-definition) camera available. I am a really big fan of Infiniti's 360-degree "Around View" monitoring system. When we stopped for lunch, I parallel-parked between a couple cars. When we left, I was worried about hitting the car in front of me because I wasn't used to the depth-perception required for the car's outer limits yet. The Range Rover Evoque (which has terrible visibility) has a similar system (not sure about the newer models, but the older ones had 5 cameras total) with a pair of front curb cameras that not only allowed you to see out the front, but also helped you see around snowdrifts when you were pulling out into traffic, without having to stick your nose out too far. I know that the Autopilot tech is getting better & will probably help in these areas, but I'd really rather have some convenience & safety options here. The CTS6 also has a really neat new rearview mirror screen for the rear camera. It's just a bit strange that all we get is one big jumbo HD rear camera & nothing else.

5. Lack of DVR: Chevy has the Performance Data Recorder available on the new Corvettes, which includes a dashcam of sorts. This would be a great feature on such an expensive car. Which has an HD camera. With a giant touchscreen in the middle of the dashboard.

6. Driving comfort: I've read some reports that the Tesla isn't the most comfortable for rides. I actually found the opposite to be true, it was pretty dang smooth. The X moreso, due to the extra size & weight. It wasn't luxury-smooth, but it was very good. Felt better than my coworker's A7. Although...it could stand to be a bit softer. I've read here that the bags vs. springs feels the same, although there is some play with the steering wheel settings; I'm curious if Tesla would ever offer an adaptable ride suspension system. In the film world, we have a lot of neat technologies - for a really interesting system, look up "The Mill Blackbird" on Vimeo, which is a cutting-edge EV chassis used for filming car commercials & movies with cars. The chassis can be adjusted to mimic the ride handling of any car past or present; it would be cool if Tesla offering something bleeding-edge like this, where you could switch it out from caddy mode to viper mode. On most days, I would prefer having a more comfortable ride, but it would be cool to be able to switch it up for more spirited driving. They're halfway there with Ludicrous mode & being able to lower the car on the bagged suspension (which was funny to watch in person as it see-sawed back & forth).

Small gripes
:

1. Supercharging: This should be free on ALL X & S models, due to the premium price tag, to help differentiate the feature set from the Model 3.

2. Falcon-wing doors:
Yes, I think these are cool. So cool that I came close to buying a Delorean several times, but decided not to (primarily due to safety concerns). However, they are attention-grabbing (one of the nice things about the Tesla S & X is that they have otherwise understated designs) & seem a bit finicky. Not super wobbly, but enough that I would question their longevity & long-term maintenance requirements. Don't hate me, but I would love sliding doors on an X, especially for children access.

3. Giant screen:
No, I'm not a luddite. I just like manual buttons that I don't have to look at while I'm driving & can simply operate by feel (like using a Tivo remote in the dark!). I feel like an 8" or even a 10" screen is sufficient. The giant screen just feels gimmicky to me, especially since there's no HUD, there's no front cameras, there's no built-in DVR, etc. The fact that it is there makes me feel like there a lot of missed opportunities to use it in really unique & even fairly standard ways. Also, what's up with no backseat entertainment options? I guess they just expect people to play on iPads or their phones now. A 17" screen behind each seat would sure be nice for watching movies on road trips!

4. No HUD: Plenty of production cars come with heads-up displays now. I'm not a fan of looking down at a giant, bright screen to see a map...would much rather look at a simple HUD on the glass in front of the steering wheel. And having used aftermarket options like Navdy, I would prefer a HUD that's built-in & doesn't require you to re-focus your eyes while driving.

5. Keyfob size: Not a fan. Cool, yes, but huge. I wish there was a credit card-style version, like the 2go Keyless iKey model.

6. Spare tire: Oh my gosh. This really peeves me. I've had two flats in the last two years; it is SO much easier just changing out the tire on the spot. Looks like the options are tire goo or wait on a Ranger or tow. On the flip side, due to the weight of the car & size of even the smallest tire, it doesn't seem like the best option to add a DIY aftermarket kit. Hmm.

Separate review & discussion
:

1. Ludicrous mode:
I am on the fence about Ludicrous mode. Separate from the significant cost, I am curious about the gimmicky nature of it...does the fun wear off after awhile? (serious question) Especially given that while it is awesome to experience (especially with just a blip of torque steer!), you're not getting the same effect as driving a fire-breathing muscle car complete with physical vibrations, engine acoustics pulsing your body, etc. While I am a Tesla fanboy, I am also not blind to the draw of or opposed to the idea of ICE vehicles & enjoy the experience of a fun, powerful engine-based vehicle just as much as driving electric. Part of the reason I ask is that I did not spend enough time with the car to really see the "daily driving" differences between 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds vs. 2.9 seconds with Ludicrous mode (guess which one I spend the most time in). I have spent money on features that were really cool initially but got old quick before & would kind of hate to be a year or two down the road and shrug off the speed boost (the X would be my daily driver).

2. Safety: One of the big draws of the X is the safety, which is also a big reason I like Volvos. I've been hit several times & it has been a scary experience each time. I like that this car is really, really safe (Autopilot features aside).

3. Autopilot: Moreso than simply having a high-performing EV, I think Autopilot is the biggest draw for me. I peak at around 200 miles a day with my daily commute (3-4 hours of driving), although it's typically closer to 2 hours of driving most days, depending on which campus I'm headed to. That rules out even the newer 107-mile Leaf, although GM's Bolt is a nice option with 238 tested miles...but as I'm stuck in traffic sometimes (A/C on, radio on, etc.), having that extra 50 miles of range on the X is nice (especially if it's winter & I need the heat on). AWD is obviously a huge benefit in the snowy winters. But coupled with the range is the Autopilot...most of my commute is highway. TACC has been a wonderful upgrade from standard cruise control, to the point where it almost feels like a self-driving car, so my first time with Autopilot felt very natural because all it was really adding was automatic lane-keep assist (so to speak). Plus it'd be nice to eat food fairly hands-free (long commutes = eating on the road a lot!).

No car is perfect & I am being nitpicky, but not without cause...it's an expensive car & I would like to see more luxury features in it, especially in the interior. Sign me up for a "plush" Model X! There will always be a zillion little features I want as well, like...$160k with falcon doors, but no motorized frunk? Really? I do like that the cars are constantly going through design revisions, however - like having matte seat backings now, instead of glossy. I am in no rush to buy, although ordering today means it wouldn't get here until June, but I'm wondering if it would be smarter to wait until after the July unveiling of the 3 to see if any spiffy new features become available on the X (more cameras, more sensors, more luxury features, etc.).
Regarding the driving comfort comment, you have the choice of 'Soft', 'Standard' or 'Sport'. Was the 'Soft' setting not enough?

@Jrogville - what are you talking about? I'm typing this from the front seat of a Model X and if there's soft standard or sport riding comfort that's news to me. You mean steering effort? That's nothing to do with ride comfort. And yes the ride needs improvement.
You're right, I only looked at it once. I must have assumed it was for ride. Although i must tell you the ride feels fine to me. How is it that people think the ride needs to improve? Is it too responsive, or perhaps the opposite of soft? If that's the case then I can see why my opinion would be different, since I come from driving a truck-based SUV. I like a firm ride and tight steering. When I first purchased my Yukon XL, I tried the Denali version and didn't like it because steering and suspension felt too loose.

Yeah, we wouldn't want our cars to get better or anything radical like that! Glad you're happy with what you got. Many of us just want Tesla to at least have feature/comfort parity with gas cars half its price.

Give me an Infiniti QX60 with a Tesla battery and I'd be good to go!

Lolol. Feature parity with gas half the price - while retaining the 100mpg economy and state of the art self driving of course right? AKA you want the mythical free lunch.

This is not the car for you - you filled up several pages complaining - buy something else bud.

An honest assessment of an expensive investment & electing not to sugar-coat missing features isn't the same as complaining & doesn't mean that I am deterred by a lack of specific features. As I said in the first post, it's not my intention to criticize for the sake of knocking the car, but there are a lot of features I would like to see offered, and I don't think it's unreasonable to question whether or not they will be in the pipeline at some point.

For example, why does a sub-$25k Kia Soul offer heated and cooled seats, but a $90,000 cutting-edge Model X doesn't? Summers here get over 100F & that would be a very welcome feature, especially since I've been reading that the large windshield on the X can cause a lot of heat to come into the cabin while driving. I am firmly in the Tesla fanboy camp, but I value honesty more than being an apologist for it. Nothing is perfect; that doesn't mean you can't want & enjoy it, however. Constructive criticism isn't the same as negative criticism.