Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you wave?

Do you wave to other Teslas on the road?

• I wave to every Tesla I see! Yay, no gas!

Votes: 132 56.4%
  • I only wave to other Model 3s - the S and X are old news.

Votes: 61 26.1%
  • I only wave to S and X owners - people who have to pay for supercharging are losers.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I don't wave to anyone - it's just a stupid car.

Votes: 40 17.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had an S, and X and a 3 and I've driven in most of the southern states. Only with the 3 have I noticed other Tesla drivers (regardless of their model) wave to me. It seems, though, that Model 3 owners are especially excited to see each other. Has anyone else noticed an increased friendliness among their fellow Tesla owners to the newest member of the Tesla family?

Reactions: GoCartz
It’s not a Jeep.
I'm grateful of that.

My other car is a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Years ago it wasn't so bad because there wasn't so many of them.

But, now it's like why? Why do I want to wave at 10 different Jeeps on my way to work? I think the reason most Jeep owners wave is because of the sitting posture, and the way the windshield sits. The driver is really noticeable.

I can't imagine waving or actually anyone seeing me wave in my Model S. There are also so many of them that I don't really want to wave.

I do sometimes wave when pulling into a supercharge, and they're pulling out. It's mostly met with a "Meh".

I certainly hope it happens! The 3 can't be confused with a Ford Fusion like the first gen Model S, so should be easy enough to spot head-on. :)
Not necessarily, there's a certain Porsche (not sure which model) that I've seen a couple times and from a distance I wasn't sure if it was a model 3 or not. Felt like an idiot when it got closer and it wasn't a 3. It's happened like 5 times.

I always look to see if they’re looking back or even notice. I’m always on the look out for fellow 3s.

99% of the time they aren’t looking, so no wave. Only once, a guy in a MSM was looking at me as I drove by. I gave him the thumbs up and he waved back. Last time I saw a blue one, just like mine. He stared at me the whole time as I was driving by with my thumb up but he never reciprocated - just stared.

Over the weekend, within 15 minutes I saw 8 Model 3s (although I think 3 of them were on their way to the Costa Mesa store). So it’s already kind of losing the specialness, I think.

I quickly waved back and though it was a little wierd.

IMG_5673.GIF

I give a thumbs up to every Tesla I see when I'm driving my Model 3. Just about all of the other 3 owners respond in kind. The S and X drivers? Maybe half the time with them.
I do the same. I feel like the MS/MX drivers look at me like I didn't pay the right dues to join their club and scoff at me like I'm cousin Eddie....but that's just my perception!