Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone regret their purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No regrets on my Roadster! Largely my daily driver for 9 years now. No regrets when I was part owner of a Model S Signature. No regrets on my Model 3 AWD (to start giving the Roadster a break from VT winter road salting), except that I would have preferred the larger hatchback of the Y but pulled trigger when I did due to expiration of the Federal tax subsidy. I do wish we had a closer service center than Montreal, but you can;t have everything!

I am content with the purchase, warts and all. If you are looking for quick SUV with lots of cargo space and towing ability, it's arguably the best choice on the market today. If you are looking for an EV replacement for your gas pickup truck, the Model X is your only real choice.

Reactions: wreighven
i purchased my X about a month ago. been on the market looking for 5-6 months including other SUVs like the BMW X7M, etc.

i have zero regrets in getting my X. it was configured exactly the way i wanted, the previous owner was a joy to work with and getting to know, it was a local purchase, my kids love it, it has more to offer as we explore it every day.

i would have been irritated if i jumped on an X that was not how i wanted it configured. so hold to what you want in your X before you compromise on price, etc.

How much did you pay?

To answer the question - I bought yesterday. 77k for a 17 P100DL with FSD. I feel like it was a good deal. Might prices drop more? Maybe, but I got a 4 year, 50K warranty and I’m not going to keep looking at prices...

Also - seems like you are trying to convince yourself that prices are going to plummet? If that’s how you live your life, keep checking but if you want the truck, buy one and enjoy it. I’m not sure what you expect the bottom of the plummet to be, but they are def going to keep dropping. I just happened to find one that was the spec I was looking for and I didn’t want to wait anymore.

No regrets. Looking forward to driving every day even if I have had the MX for almost three years now. Never gets bored.
Coming from a Hyundai Santa Fe it was a s..t load of money and I have no comparison to similar high-end cars, because I never owned one. So I don't know hat it was like yo have an expensive car. Unlike other people I do love the service. Car had some issues but I was prepared for that, and yes there are panel gaps but I don't mind.

Yes, I do think about the money sometimes and what else we could have done with it. That being said; no regrets at all and I don't eat anything less because of that purchase. What I did find is that I drive way more than the car I used before (almost three times as much).

Reactions: wreighven and jet44
No regret for me even if later models are better and cheaper or the used ones fall in prices. I paid for what I wanted at that time with that price so it's perfectly fair and square.

I completely agree with Tam

I purchased in late February and got the white interior with the largest battery I could afford with a 4 year warranty and I couldn’t be happier.

Time is on your side and just be patient to get what YOU want!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I bought my P100D Ludicrous when they were priced much more expensively in 2017. I like my car. I would NOT go back in time because I needed the car when I bought it. I think I will be keeping it until 2025. By then it will have paid for itself.

Make a decision, accept it, and don't look back. No regrets. That's how you live life. You need something, you deal with it, and you don't torture yourself by rethinking and re-guessing your decisions over and over. Just learn from prior mistakes.

If you don't need the car now, then wait. If prices go down, great. If they come back up, cest la vie. If you can't wait, buy now, and then stop looking at prices because that won't change the fact that you paid what you paid when you paid it.

No one here is clairvoyant, AFAIK. If so, they sold their stock, bought bonds, stocked up on groceries, and is/are living on an island where they will not need a car.

Why is it considered a unicorn? Thanks

Maybe it was a selling ploy or some other late 2016 X owners here, but supposedly Xs made after November were these so called unicorns since they had mcu1, ap2, and lower priced then 2017s. If you really look at it, the upgrade really begins, i think, with the june 2018 Xs as thats when mcu2 became the standard. Besides seat upholstery upgrades and minor aesthetic stuff like the FWD buttons, there isnt really a difference in late 16 - early 18 models except for price.

How much did you pay?

To answer the question - I bought yesterday. 77k for a 17 P100DL with FSD. I feel like it was a good deal. Might prices drop more? Maybe, but I got a 4 year, 50K warranty and I’m not going to keep looking at prices...

Paid 65k, so if i were to add FSD and MCU2 upgrade, i will have paid 75k for my 75DX compared to your 100D with FSD. I havent been on a long road trip with the family yet, but not really looking forward to it and the evil eye that will be coming my way for the frequent charging stops i will have to make with the 75D as opposed to a 100D.

Maybe it was a selling ploy or some other late 2016 X owners here, but supposedly Xs made after November were these so called unicorns since they had mcu1, ap2, and lower priced then 2017s. If you really look at it, the upgrade really begins, i think, with the june 2018 Xs as thats when mcu2 became the standard. Besides seat upholstery upgrades and minor aesthetic stuff like the FWD buttons, there isnt really a difference in late 16 - early 18 models except for price.

That’s not quite true. Mcu2 came out in March 2018

Three regrets:
1. When Tesla failed to produce a part when the car had an accident in a timely manner. It took them 3 months, and I had to ask for it about 15 times;
2. When I had nails in my tire (once 1,000 miles from home) and they refused to fix it, even when I came to them (and, it happened again, with a different tire in my home city);
3. When the broke the user interface, and made their software operate in contradistinction to the manual's instructions.

Very random stuff. Very unpredictable -- (except the tires... which seems commonplace and endemic at all Serv. Centers). Other than that, car has been fine for last 25 months. 90% of these problems could be solved if their staff understood English, and could communicate well between and amongst themselves.