Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s still a thing, took ours out near Tamworth to get provisions earlier, first time I’ve driven it since it was delivered on “lockdown day”, grey m3 drove past and flashed - didn’t know how to flash back but they got a very enthusiastic wave! Made my day after several weeks of bleakness! Looking forward to going out in it again in a few weeks time - at least we don’t have to worry about it not starting after several weeks being left.

Reactions: John_L and drewpost
I'm seeing a few more around Derby these days and I always wave if I spot them in time. Indeed a white one flashed the headlights a couple of days ago and another up near Oakwood acknowledged me too. Seems polite to do the same!

I charged up at Burtonwood a few weeks ago and everyone was in a friendly waving mood. It was when social distancing was actually a thing so everyone spent the minimum time out of their car!! As an experienced Model 3 owner I helped a guy who was using a supercharger for the first time (I'd had mine 2 days by then!!)

I wave, it brings back fond memories of my first car - Citroen 2CV - a wave from a fellow driver was pretty much guaranteed - Happy days!

Actually when I think about it that wasn't the only thing the humble 2CV had in common with Tesla..... I'm re-experiencing similar build quality and attention to detail :p

I wave, it brings back fond memories of my first car - Citroen 2CV - a wave from a fellow driver was pretty much guaranteed - Happy days!

Actually when I think about it that wasn't the only thing the humble 2CV had in common with Tesla..... I'm re-experiencing similar build quality and attention to detail :p
My first new car was also a 2CV, in red, like my Tesla. £2060 OTR in 1983.

The 2CV also had an innovative single-slot ventilation system, just like the Model 3 ;)