Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model Y actually have dual climate or just software compromise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Tesla actually have the mechanical components (I'm not car scientist I'm assuming it requires actual motors and gears and what not) for its dual climate or is just some type of software thing so they can advertise dual climate when its not true dual climate?

I've had my Y for over a year now and only recently have tried using dual climate with a temperature sensitive family member. The first time I tried it the drivers side was 60 and passenger high and after 5 minutes of running the air still felt cold on both sides with no noticeable difference. The second time (different drive) same thing driver 60 passenger high and the fan speed just lowered to a 1 or 2. Third try same scenario 60 and high and the whole car front and rear just blew luke warm air. At the end of the drive the interior reached 78 degrees and was rising so I'm assuming the air coming out was around 80.

So long story short, is this what Tesla's dual climate is? Or is something possibly wrong with my car?