Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the car look terrible without pano?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently in CPO process for a car without pano (body color roof on silver) and a bit worried that it'll look terrible without it externally.

What's your thoughts on body color roofs from a pure aesthetics perspective? I love everything about the car but this is the biggest drawback for me.

DSC03359.JPG

2013-tesla-model-s-p85-performance-tech-pkg-21-wheels-1.JPG

Aesthetically, a dark glass roof on a light car looks odd to me, so the OP's picture looks good to me. A solid roof on a car with a bold paint job, e.g. red looks good to me. A glass or pano roof on a black car looks good to me. I like the functionality of a solid roof -- or the lack of leaks, squeaks, wind noise, sun, mechanical and insulation problems.

I have a 2013 S85 (see sig below) with a solid body color roof, and I am very happy with it, as I am not a pano roof type person. That said, we got the pano on my wife's 2015 S70D (see below) as it is 'triple black' and we wanted more interior 'airiness'. She never opens the pano. Today I probably would get the solid glass roof. YMMV.