Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the P3D - still exist?

Hoopoe

May 6, 2019
California
I am looking at buying a new Model 3, ideally with the "stealth performance" spec and the 19" sport tires. Seems like the best blends of power, fun to drive, efficiency and overall value/cost. The sales rep I talked to at the local Tesla store said that their inventory of this is almost non existent and he couldn't get one for me at this time. Was this just a temporary profit center and no longer exists for new orders?

Mrcarcrazy

Another internet expert @ no charge
May 22, 2019
South Padre Island, Tx
I am looking at buying a new Model 3, ideally with the "stealth performance" spec and the 19" sport tires. Seems like the best blends of power, fun to drive, efficiency and overall value/cost. The sales rep I talked to at the local Tesla store said that their inventory of this is almost non existent and he couldn't get one for me at this time. Was this just a temporary profit center and no longer exists for new orders?
It comes and goes as an option.

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA

I don’t think the P3D- ever came with the 19s upgrade as an option. Someone else can chime in on that one.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
The 2018 P3D- was not available with 19s (though they fit fine and I'm sure Tesla'd be happy to sell you some as spare wheels)

The "surprise" 2019 batches sometimes came with em- but they were all cars that had to be taken delivery from inventory- not custom orders.

Nobody knows when the next ones will be available and what the wheel options might be.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev

Electrph

Aug 29, 2019
Central California
Can vouch for this. My Stealth came with the 19s. Does anybody know how many stealthy are out there?
Can 2nd this ... my 9/19 delivery stealth came with the 19’ wheels ... basically as someone stated you take them as they come color wheel size etc .. no custom ordering of stealths in 2019 that I am aware of

Oct 20, 2019
Fredericton
I don’t know why ppl call it a ‘P3D’
By that logic we should have ‘PXD’ and ‘PSD’

No one thought to call it a P75D like it is?

If Tesla squeezes another 5kw in there, they won’t all be equal. Or perform the same.
I have the same feelings which surfaced while my P3D badges were on order, now that they've arrived, I can't decide if I should put them on or order "75" to replace the 3.

Funkmobile

Apr 5, 2018
Vancouver
I don’t know why ppl call it a ‘P3D’
By that logic we should have ‘PXD’ and ‘PSD’

No one thought to call it a P75D like it is?

If Tesla squeezes another 5kw in there, they won’t all be equal. Or perform the same.

If i remember correctly, P3D basically stuck because the actual battery size was not confirmed with different sources saying different things. So it could've been a "P70D", "P74D","P75D", or "P80D".

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and Phlier

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC