Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your nav voice have a stutter sometimes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nav voice in my car sounds fine most of the time, except when it utters the final turn direction as you approach an intersection, ie "now turn left" or "now turn right". After the word "left" or "right", there's an extra sound which might be a click. My daughter thinks it sounds like the final "t" sound being repeated, e.g. "now turn left t" or "now turn right t". I haven't down the shutdown/restart thing for a while - which might fix it I suppose - but I just wanted to gauge whether anybody else has noticed this?

Interesting pick-up. For me there's a good nav display available on the 17" touchscreen, and another one on the instrument panel, both give reasonable street guidance (except not with via's, POI's, traffic warnings or speed camera locations like most other navs - but we know that's a limitation with this system ) so I've actually never thought of turning on the animated voice. I'd rather listen to music or radio, so as a consequence I've never noticed a stutter, but I do like Alpal's reply.

No, but I'll call the service centre tomorrow and see what they have to say.

I'd be keen to hear what they have to say. To be honest I'm starting have mixed feelings about the service center in Sydney. Not that I have been there but they are not as good as they could be with phone/email support for an NZ owner.

Also ask them about the traffic aware navigation settings. Where is this option in our cars (see photo)? I have no such option as per my previous post.

teslanav.jpg

I've never seen a message about it routing around traffic - like other systems do - but sometimes it just seems to want to take a longer, stranger route someplace and I've been assuming that it just doesn't know what it's doing but perhaps, as Ray points out earlier in this thread, it is actually avoiding traffic without explaining that it is avoiding traffic? However without an on-screen confirmation I think I am likely to continue to overrule it on those occasions.