TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Door handle closing time?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Daandeluxe, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Daandeluxe

Daandeluxe Member

Just received my (pre-owned) S 85D a couple of days ago :)

I'm very happy with it but I'm just wondering how long it normally takes to have the doors closed automatically ?
    As I walk away now (and don't close the doors using the fob) it takes a lot of time to have them closed by the car itself (about 10 seconds).
    In that time I already have entered my house and can't check if they did close after all....

Is there something like a setting so it closes when I'm 3 feet away from the car?

2. Mihai

Mihai Member

10 seconds sounds about right and that is what I also get on my November 2016 build.
    Mostly I just close it from the fob, unless I am parked at home.

3. Daandeluxe

Daandeluxe Member

Great thanks! I thought I was the only one

4. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Yeah I was worried about this for a while and got paranoid about it being unlocked but then I just used the Remote S app when I walk away.