Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door trim coming off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed this morning the silver trim that wraps around the car is starting to come off. It looks like there is just adhesive holding it on. Is this something I can grab at the auto parts store and stick back on myself? IMG_20190601_084946.jpg

Also any good exterior silicon will hold ..as long as you just tape it till it dries ..usually leave the tape on 2days ..good luck sorry to see this happen to your car so soon :(
I appreciate it. It's all the little things. The little strip on the headlight burned out in the corner and it's a crazy $1600 to replace. All the little things add up quick. Gonna have to learn to replace these things on my own!

Reactions: P85_DA
An alternative solution would be to use some thin VHB tape (clean the surfaces first). Quick and easy to use. There are parts already in the Model S held on by VHB tape from the factory. It handles weather really well too (it's a foam, so it can handle expansion and contraction cycles well - there apparently is a sky-scraper in UAE with all glass panels on the outside held on by VHB). I have used VHB tape to mount a few items on the Tesla, even much heavier than plastic tim, it's held up for years through weather, car washes, etc.