Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emailed customer service on Saturday regarding the features removed for downgrading, they replied:

10% range will be software locked in addition to "music streaming, navigation with traffic, and heated seats"

apparently no one actually knows that the SR does NOT have music streaming, navi with traffic ... but he did say that more updates should be coming regarding the process for requesting refunds, so like a previous poster has said we just have to wait until more updated and accurate information becomes available.

Emailed customer service on Saturday regarding the features removed for downgrading, they replied:

10% range will be software locked in addition to "music streaming, navigation with traffic, and heated seats"

apparently no one actually knows that the SR does NOT have music streaming, navi with traffic ... but he did say that more updates should be coming regarding the process for requesting refunds, so like a previous poster has said we just have to wait until more updated and accurate information becomes available.

Meant: SR+ does NOT have music streaming, navi with traffic

This is a dumb move by Tesla. Anyone who is past the return period shouldn't be getting a refund. Slippery slope they keep playing with. Prices drop and anyone who bought a SR+ knew that full and well because it was announced in March after the huge cuts. A LR RWD was $49k just 4 months prior to the March pricing change and had dropped to $43k and autopilot got cheaper too. SR+ buyers should be prepared for drops too, refunds aren't the answer, people should buy when they are ready and not expect handouts after. Tesla is killing their profits themselves and can only blame themselves for these kinds of moves.

Correct, SR wasn't supposed to get LED fog lights and the 0-60 is supposed to be 5.6 seconds vs. 5.3 for the SR+. So I would expect more changes.

Though SR was supposed to have heated front seats, so maybe they are only turning off the rear seats.

The SR was supposed to get unheated textile seats with manual adjustment

I am going to let the dust settle a few days and then give them a call. I am hoping they release a statement or a process with details but that is highly unlikely.

I will gladly take that $2k back in my pocket as I don't need heated seats where I live and the range is negligible for my needs.

Just curious as to why you ordered the SR+ vs the SR in the beginning? The "partial premium" interior?

The SR was supposed to get unheated textile seats with manual adjustment

@M3BlueGeorgia Manual block cloth yes, unheated, no. At least according to the feature matrix that Tesla was showing people:

Tesla Interior Packages Comparison.jpg

I submitted a request via the website (Request Help, I believe) a day or two ago, and I think I emailed Tesla support as well. Anyhow, today I got an email back stating:

Thank you for contacting Tesla! Please allow me to apologize for the delay in our response to this email. I have collected your information for your downgrade request we will reach out to you to go over specifics of the process and detail the refund.

So, I don’t know when, but I at least got a reply. I had previously called and spoke to someone at headquarters also, who told me it will show up online, but I’ve not seen anything about it in my account...

I’m hoping to take the savings and get autopilot...

Reactions: dmark1021