Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy GPS Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seen a video of someone who posted 4.7 on a LR model 3, mine did not seem that fast to me so I tested it out
went 0-60 9 times and best I could get was a 5.19 with no a/c on and a 86% soc (19" sport wheels), many people have commented on the off the line performance being nuetered after a certain software update, seems that may be so?

on another note I did one full stop just to see what I would get and it was 130 ft. so right as advertised

I did feel the difference right after firmware update, then started searching forums to see if my car has issue, but it seems many folks felt sameway about Nerfing. I am not saying Tesla did it intentionally. May be this was results of some traction control logic tuning, but I think something changed on how it pulls esp from 0-30.

My results, tried to post them earlier but for some reason they did not go through.
fullsizeoutput_ed0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ed0.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ed1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ed1.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
It's a "butt dyno" thing. I don't have any hard data but it doesn't really put me back in the seat until 10-15mph(ish).

That's your brain messing with you. I get the same feeling in my Model S 85, it seems to pick up around 25mph. But videos of my speedometer during a 0-60 sprint don't support that- just pure, linear acceleration.

It's the combination of things moving faster in your visual field (combined with the existing acceleration) that convince you it's going faster. Try getting somebody to do a 0-60 run with you in the passenger seat, but close your eyes and see if you can tell if the car "picks up."

That's your brain messing with you. I get the same feeling in my Model S 85, it seems to pick up around 25mph. But videos of my speedometer during a 0-60 sprint don't support that- just pure, linear acceleration.

It's the combination of things moving faster in your visual field (combined with the existing acceleration) that convince you it's going faster. Try getting somebody to do a 0-60 run with you in the passenger seat, but close your eyes and see if you can tell if the car "picks up."
One theory I have is that some people are used to ICE acceleration which drops off dramatically when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. There is no drop off in a Tesla so it's especially powerful relative to ICE in the 30-45mph range (before it hits the power limit).

Last edited:
Reactions: thewishmaster
You are reading the this wrong, last 2 posts are of 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile runs and are not 0-60 runs, based on my comparison of 24.8 to 28.1 software there is no difference in acceleration.

Ah, was not aware Dragy was doing a post-processing on the data. I heard that all the acceleration "rumors" are simply that and there has been no actual change in firmware.