Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy GPS Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@FlyNavy01 Pretty much killed all Model 3 Performance records on dragy leaderboards yesterday. 3.37sec. Taking away 0.25-.30 for rollout that would be a strip run of 3.12 - 3.07sec. He states 95% SOC, AC on (lol). Pretty nice on the stock Pilot Sport 4S.....

IMG_0909.jpg

@FlyNavy01 Pretty much killed all Model 3 Performance records on dragy leaderboards yesterday. 3.37sec. Taking away 0.25-.30 for rollout that would be a strip run of 3.12 - 3.07sec. He states 95% SOC, AC on (lol). Pretty nice on the stock Pilot Sport 4S.....

View attachment 326517
That's quite a launch he got. I hate on these Dragy plots how the Speed and and Acceleration plots are not consistent with each other. Obviously pulling more than 1G from a standstill on the Speed plot.

• Informative
Reactions: D3xDt3Reaction
What do you mean by "Obviously pulling more than 1G from a standstill on the Speed plot"? I'm not sure you're reading these charts correctly.
Acceleration is the derivative (slope) of speed vs. time. 1g is 22mph/sec. It says the acceleration from 0-10MPH is 0.46sec or an average of ~1g. That's not consistent with the Acceleration plot. One of the two plots is wrong.

View attachment 326517
Am curious what he sees after swapping out his wheels. I imagine those might be good for another tenth with the right tires.

Acceleration is the derivative (slope) of speed vs. time. 1g is 22mph/sec. It says the acceleration from 0-10MPH is 0.46sec or an average of ~1g. That's not consistent with the Acceleration plot. One of the two plots is wrong.

Interesting, good catch. Acceleration shows to be incredibly linear, yet force is not, so there is certainly something fishy going on there. We should certainly be seeing far more peaks at or above the 1g mark based on this linear acceleration. I always assumed that the force was being derived/calculated from the acceleration, but to your point, that does not appear to be the case. What the heck are they doing?

I wonder if draggy uses both GPS data and accelerometer to provide the data. The accelerometer would likely be a much higher sampling data than the GPS input.

I agree on the sampling rate, but you factually know the acceleration (0-60 in ~3.3s), then clearly the accelerometer is providing misleading data if that is how they are deriving force. I also don't like that they only track force in tenths, which hides important resolution. You can absolutely feel 0.05g's.

View attachment 326517
Hey I know that guy! I'll try to do the same run this weekend on the staggered 19's. Optimistically hoping for <3.25sec (sub 3.0 w/ rollout :eek:).

What size tires did you go with again?
245/40/19 and 275/35/19.

I did five 0-60mph runs on them last night at 90% SoC and they ranged between 3.41sec to 3.50sec on Dragy (~3.16 to 3.25 corrected for rollout), so they don't seem to make much difference in acceleration grip so far. Really like them in terms or ride quality and handling though. Efficiency seems to be about the same as the 20's as far as I can tell.

245/40/19 and 275/35/19.

I did five 0-60mph runs on them last night at 90% SoC and they ranged between 3.41sec to 3.50sec on Dragy (~3.16 to 3.25 corrected for rollout), so they don't seem to make much difference in acceleration grip so far. Really like them in terms or ride quality and handling though. Efficiency seems to be about the same as the 20's as far as I can tell.

What is the weight difference of this setup?

About 15lbs total, including the wider wheels and tires.

View attachment 327254
Did you weigh the 20" sport or did you get these numbers somewhere?

Tsportline list aeros 21.6lbs

No recorded measurement of the 20" sport that I know of but based off the 19" 27.5-28 lbs is about right.

Michelin website list PrimacyMXM4 as 24.9lbs and Pilot Sport 4S at 22.6lbs

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised you didn't see improvement with the wider backs. I'd be very curious to see this setup on 1/4 mile as that has been where the P seems lacking (P and AWD are only 1s diff on 1/4, which shouldn't be the case).
Why shouldn’t it be the case?
It takes 160 feet to get to 60mph but only 130 feet to brake from 60 to 0 (presumably much less on the summer tires that come on 20s). The car is not traction limited.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911