Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, a lot of people, who fail to understand that magazine have been using 1ft roll out for ever, give Tesla a hard time with their claimed 1.99sec* for the Plaid. But owners did do the claim 1.99sec with the 1ft, on the street, despite the * that said it was on a prep track.

However, where are these people when the Demon is nowhere near its claimed 9.65sec 1/4 mile time?

Also where are the haters that say the Tesla is a one trick pony when the Demon literally is a one trick pony as it has no interior, a single seat, skinnies and drag radials? Yet it still loses to the family sedan with a screen in the back so kids can watch Netflix. Ride 5 comfortably. Return 100mpg. On street tires.

Also, a lot of people, who fail to understand that magazine have been using 1ft roll out for ever, give Tesla a hard time with their claimed 1.99sec* for the Plaid. But owners did do the claim 1.99sec with the 1ft, on the street, despite the * that said it was on a prep track.

However, where are these people when the Demon is nowhere near its claimed 9.65sec 1/4 mile time?

Also where are the haters that say the Tesla is a one trick pony when the Demon literally is a one trick pony as it has no interior, a single seat, skinnies and drag radials? Yet it still loses to the family sedan with a screen in the back so kids can watch Netflix. Ride 5 comfortably. Return 100mpg. On street tires.
Exactly! And the Dodge Demon achieved that feat exactly once. The conditions behind are explained here in the first paragraph:
It's the mentality that a "shopping cart" can't possibly be better than a "real car" even if it has so many compromises. People annoy me sometimes. With no offense meant toward anyone here, what do these people think modding cars does, make you more masculine or something? How about not wasting money on a truly one trick car that overheats in traffic, has to be rebuilt every couple miles, and is loud and obnoxious. How about putting all that spent money toward a stock car that will beat ALL of their efforts. That sounds an awful lot like smart masculine to me.🙂I used to have moderate respect for these guys, but with the snippyness being exhibited now towards the Plaid and EVs in general, I can't anymore.

Last edited:
I’ve had a chance to drive my friends car for a few days and I have to say….it is the best car in the world. PERIOD. It ticks all the right boxes. FAST, space, comfort, entertainment, sound, suspension settings, curb and incline management, etc.

My only gripe as you know is the steering wheel. I feel like you have to manhandle it turning left and right and especially backwards parking. Straights are ok but that would not dissuade me on ever buying a car so perfect. Now if an aftermarket company made a round steering wheel I would totally drop cash for it. The buttons are livable. Not a deal breaker by any means.

I’ve had a chance to drive my friends car for a few days and I have to say….it is the best car in the world. PERIOD. It ticks all the right boxes. FAST, space, comfort, entertainment, sound, suspension settings, curb and incline management, etc.

My only gripe as you know is the steering wheel. I feel like you have to manhandle it turning left and right and especially backwards parking. Straights are ok but that would not dissuade me on ever buying a car so perfect. Now if an aftermarket company made a round steering wheel I would totally drop cash for it. The buttons are livable. Not a deal breaker by any means.
I’m with you on this. At first I tried to order with a round steering wheel but Tesla said impossible. But many here are starting to say the yoke is an non-issue and actually the buttons are annoying. I’m hopeful I’ll adjust to it, but not having tried it, I think I’d rather have a wheel and stalks.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’m with you on this. At first I tried to order with a round steering wheel but Tesla said impossible. But many here are starting to say the yoke is an non-issue and actually the buttons are annoying. I’m hopeful I’ll adjust to it, but not having tried it, I think I’d rather have a wheel and stalks.

You absolutely adjust, but it's not ideal. But you do adjust.

I must admit, I prefer the yoke now. You can really grab a corner for sharp turns and straight gives a more controlled grip as well. Also nice to rest hand on bottom to keep ap happy. Still can't justify the buttons, not horrible, but not an improvement in my opinion.

But to me, the main difference is it makes driving special and fun which can be difficult in an ev. Most non- Tesla's are quite boring.

After 2 1/2 months, would not go back to wheel+stalks. I like having everything under my thumbs and I find it easier to maintain a secure grip on the yoke than the wheel. I do think the haptic feedback and behavior of some of the buttons could use improvement. Top of my list is have a single click of the turn signal give you 3 blinks.

After 2 1/2 months, would not go back to wheel+stalks. I like having everything under my thumbs and I find it easier to maintain a secure grip on the yoke than the wheel. I do think the haptic feedback and behavior of some of the buttons could use improvement. Top of my list is have a single click of the turn signal give you 3 blinks.
I'm just starting to get used to the turn signals. Trying very hard not to look down each time I need to engage them to reinforce this training. The hard part so far is learning how to engage a "quick" signal (which should be 3, not 1, but never mind for now) versus a long (don't turn off until the wheel is back to straight again.) Are you able to tell the difference by feel alone? What's the trick? I find, more often than not, that I just rely on engaging the long mode, and then manually turning it back off...but sometimes I've engaged the "short" mode and then end up turning it back on! Frustrating!