Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nevera vs Plaid

Exactly how I was expecting it to end. Sincerely, it’s amazing how the family sedan hangs with the quickest production car in the world right now. It’s close up to the 1/8. After that Nevera goes bye bye.

At 1/20 of the price, 5 seats and better range, the Plaid is doing awesome again!

This reinforces my certainty than the Roadster will be incredible. I don't think the Nevera is as impressive as it should be, with near double the hp of the Plaid.
I personally don't believe that the Rimac is fully unlocked yet, as it's only making about 1,220 kw (~1,600hp), out of the full 1,400 kw. Additionally, they quote 0-186 mph in 9.3 seconds, and the Nevera in its current state is absolutely not doing that. This is more like mid 10s to 186. In order to achieve the 9.3, it would have to be trapping mid 170s, and maybe a 8.3 to 8.4 ET. So I'm thinking Rimac isn't yet done with the car, but they wanted to get their name out there. Even still, I was amazed at how well the Plaid was hanging with the Nevera, especially during the first 1/16 to 1/8 mile.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and jebinc
I personally don't believe that the Rimac is fully unlocked yet, as it's only making about 1,220 kw (~1,600hp), out of the full 1,400 kw. Additionally, they quote 0-186 mph in 9.3 seconds, and the Nevera in its current state is absolutely not doing that. This is more like mid 10s to 186. In order to achieve the 9.3, it would have to be trapping mid 170s, and maybe a 8.3 to 8.4 ET. So I'm thinking Rimac isn't yet done with the car, but they wanted to get their name out there. Even still, I was amazed at how well the Plaid was hanging with the Nevera, especially during the first 1/16 to 1/8 mile.

Yeah, that may well be true. The future will be interesting! 186mph in 9.3 seconds would be insanity.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah, that may well be true. The future will be interesting! 186mph in 9.3 seconds would be insanity.
If you think THAT will be crazy, you should read up on the Lotus Evija! They quoted this insane number in 2019, and they've since done updates to go beyond 2,000 hp!
Even crazier, the battery makes 2 MW, which means that the car is actually motor limited in output, as opposed to the typical battery limited outputs in EVs.

If you think THAT will be crazy, you should read up on the Lotus Evija! They quoted this insane number in 2019, and they've since done updates to go beyond 2,000 hp!
Even crazier, the battery makes 2 MW, which means that the car is actually motor limited in output, as opposed to the typical battery limited outputs in EVs.

Ah yes, the Evija. Believe it when I see it on the road (which I never will). I still think the Roadster is going to dominate in this field. Well, it better... And, more chance of seeing one on the road, too!

• Love
Ah yes, the Evija. Believe it when I see it on the road (which I never will). I still think the Roadster is going to dominate in this field. Well, it better... And, more chance of seeing one on the road, too!
I don't see the non-SpaceX package Roadster doing a low 8 at 180+ mph, but I definitely see it planted firmly in the segment, likely running a mid to low 8 at mid 160s trap.

Well, we've seen what a little bit of weight reduction does to the Plaid. My dad (old school drag racer) and I were discussing these cars (which he thinks are just mind-blowing) and asked the weight of the Rimac, the site I found listed 4755 pounds, which surprised me. Dragtimes shows 4733 for Nevera to 4833 for the Plaid. I hope the 4680s can be the game changer. If they can keep the weight down on the Roadster, things will get interesting fast, pun most definitely intended ;)

Am I the only one that thinks the Evija actually looks like a proper Hypercar while the Nevera looks like many other small manufacturer car, which is uninspired and boring?

I am 100% convinced I’ll never see either one of them on the road. I live in an area where you’re lucky to see a Mclaren (I think I’ve seen three here ever) so imagine a multi million car available to a hundred or so lucky few... Nothing will touch the Plaid here for a long time.

Brooks just got 1.96 (0-60) in non drag strip on his dragy. I guess shaving over 40 lbs does make a difference

Brooks just got 1.96 (0-60) in non drag strip on his dragy. I guess shaving over 40 lbs does make a difference

Yep. 0.02 seconds to 60! 🤣 I guess if that means a lot to you, by all means go blow a bunch of cash on lighter wheels…

That looked like he was in Drag Strip mode

• Informative