Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreamcase Model 3 Pictures & Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RIHX~GL9VZ}LZ50}C$O8}JY.png

Looks good... but it is too pricey considering $600+ for the mattress and sheet. I decided to buy this one since a twin size mattress would be fine for myself and the total cost for mattress+sheet+blankets+pillow is $115..... and I could pack them the same way as the dreamcase one

View attachment 355685

Looks good... but it is too pricey considering $600+ for the mattress and sheet. I decided to buy this one since a twin size mattress would be fine for myself and the total cost for mattress+sheet+blankets+pillow is $115..... and I could pack them the same way as the dreamcase one

It’s been awhile, have you used it much? How would you say it’s working out, long-term?

Ok everyone. Let's go over some thoughts and some size on me. I think that is probably question #1.
6'2" 175 lbs.

If anyone followed my road trip back from CA you would see I slept with a foam Thermarest. Not ideal for fun enjoyable road trips. More like I need to get from point A to B, and need to get a little sleep along the way. So I wanted something to go along with road tripping.

My set up will be charging, toiletries/towels, car care items in the frunk. Food cooking items in the rear under storage. Backpack in front passenger seat. I plan on leaving the bed deployed so i can just crawl into the back. While the setup takes just minutes. It is only me so I would find it pointless to pack and undo each time. I will bring the case with me for unexpected travelers.

Ok lets get to length of sleeping. I found my leg positioning to be just right. Not having to sleep sideways or in a ball. I slept right in the middle Nice to have the cooling rear vents right there near the face.

What if you are taller? I still think one would be fine by adjusting pillow or placing some type of filler or extra gear.

Is it level? Yes. However first make sure where you are parked is level as well. I have first generation seats. Which I hear has less bolsters. Spoke to Dreamcase to get an answer before it was asked by the gallery. They have tested both gen and found them fine for levelness.

Can two people fit? I would say yes and no. I don't plan on it except for a rare occasion in the Model 3 coming back and not wanting to get a hotel. Parent and a younger child no problem and that would be something I plan on using it for. I would say the S is more suited towards 2 adults than the Model 3 Dreamcase.

Is it soft? Yes it is. Comes complete with freshly killed Alcantara hides and soft yet supporting memory foam.

How did I sleep? Great. Sheeting and Duvet were nice. I plan on putting a down one in for cooler months. Maybe also swap the Duvet for a darker color. Backpacks and hiking shoes will eventually = a dingy duvet soon.

Why not just an air mattress? Remember the 3 is a pass through with an restricter on the girth. Add an air mattress and you limit your space vertically. So I think the foam of the Dreamcase gives you more room and matches the comfort compared to air. I always find air mattresses kind of like I am rolling around anyway. Maybe in a tent, but not a car. I have at least 6 of them from Exped/Thermarest/Big Agness. I am pretty picky on how I sleep in the back country. So maybe call me the Air mattress expert. :p

Can't I get it something cheaper that will do the job? I guess, but I want something compact and in the back anytime I am traveling distance. I don't want to be getting sheets out and pillows, blowing up an air mattress. My luck it would be raining. I want also to fold it up and put it away quick. Dreamcase fits the bill in both. Oh it also looks really cool with the case in carbon weave on the outside. Looks like it belongs in the back of a great car. Like a Tesla.

As always pre cooling/heating the bed and sheets is the way to go.

1 night in and I love it. Will be coming back over time to add further thoughts. Case and assembly will be up tonight. Installing full blackout shades as we speak.

Anyone else order one?
What was made from Alcantara - the duvet? I just ordered mine but was “upgraded” to the new version which includes the all cotton duvet. Should I try and get the “old” alcantara version?

What was made from Alcantara - the duvet? I just ordered mine but was “upgraded” to the new version which includes the all cotton duvet. Should I try and get the “old” alcantara version?

Sheets are made of cotton. I got the upgraded sheets and Duvet vs the normal.

The Alcantara would be made into the exterior mattress. I would say it is a little less of a longer brushed Alcantara similar to the ones found on the Microsoft Surface Pro laptops compared to the interior of Tesla's Alcantara.

Could be wrong, but Alcantara is just nothing more than brushed microfiber in my thoughts.

I find the Duvet in White to be a bad choice by me and the Duvet was not the best. Just a synthetic type of batting. Nothing special. Being a backpacker and getting in and out of the car makes white not the best decision. I use a microfiber blanket to go over the Dreamcase with a Sea to Summit silk sleep liner to sleep in and another microfiber as a blanket.

I understand they were making changes. I think mine was one of the first 4 or 5 produced back in June.

Thank you for the info. FYI, here is the a rundown on the upgraded materials as outlined by a Dreamcase employee via email (I’m not sure when these new materials started shipping):

The staff was very helpful in answering my questions. I’m looking forward to testing the Dreamcase on my Model 3 road trip.

Attachments

• 49A802A4-4A33-4215-A4CB-6341141F7E51.jpeg
    49A802A4-4A33-4215-A4CB-6341141F7E51.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 880
  • 177879AB-988F-46FF-AD81-D32320B4175B.jpeg
    177879AB-988F-46FF-AD81-D32320B4175B.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 847
  • 8E62811A-A81E-48A4-A328-993A18AF5FD3.jpeg
    8E62811A-A81E-48A4-A328-993A18AF5FD3.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 870
  • Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Thank you for the info. FYI, here is the a rundown on the upgraded materials as outlined by a Dreamcase employee via email (I’m not sure when these new materials started shipping):

The staff was very helpful in answering my questions. I’m looking forward to testing the Dreamcase on my Model 3 road trip.

I saw the prototype sketch for the new strap design and buckle last month. Wasn't aware of the newer material and Duvet. Definitely a premium product.

Reactions: Deraillor
All jokes and rapping aside, that dreamcase looks awesome. I probably would have gotten that over the mega mat because it looks like a true bed even if it is bulky... that being said the megmat, the shorter variant is frickin’ perfect in model s, because it’s extremely comfortable, half tempurpedic like and half air mattress, AND if you only have to fold down the left side rear seats which means you can preserve a third seat permanently without putting the bed up.... which leaves room for coolers, trash cans, and other accoutrements while driving. Also the megmat self inflates. There is a little balloon you can pop on attach to adjust firmness ... also you can let some air out So you can fold it like a pita bread if you need the whole rear seat!

I bought 3 cheap mma mats and cut them in perfect size and thickness of bed for trunk so my bed is flat. They are extremely lightweight and It’s low profile, which might be better for model 3 as opposed to thicker mattress. I have the mma mats cut so I can piece them together and move them if I need to get in storage area in trunk. If I had a model x, I’d get the dual megamat ... they sell a long single version at rei which fits but is slightly longer which causes issues with support

The entire bed fits in the frunk when stored. It’s amazing

I've used the exped megamat on many occasions in my model S. When I let friends use on cabin/camping trips it they convert over too. Seems almost as good as a sleep number bed. It's too heavy for backpacking but great for car camping. I keep it in the front trunk. I still have yet to try it in the model 3. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the lower back seat bench once you take it out (considering that you don't leave your back seat bench at home)

With the newer seat versions it seems like you'd have to take the lower part out in order to sleep level.

• Love
Reactions: buttershrimp
I've used the exped megamat on many occasions in my model S. When I let friends use on cabin/camping trips it they convert over too. Seems almost as good as a sleep number bed. It's too heavy for backpacking but great for car camping. I keep it in the front trunk. I still have yet to try it in the model 3. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the lower back seat bench once you take it out (considering that you don't leave your back seat bench at home)

With the newer seat versions it seems like you'd have to take the lower part out in order to sleep level.
I bought some cheap mma mats online and leveled the trunk.... they are so light and perfect for my model s

I am interested in the MegaMat as a sleeping solution in my Model S. What size mattress did you fit in your front trunk?

I am interested in the MegaMat as a sleeping solution in my Model S. What size mattress did you fit in your front trunk?
I have both the megamat and the megamat duo. The duo is slightly too big for the model s and model 3. You’re better off with the single version.

I’ve slept 2 nights in the model 3 now and it works very well. You need to take out the bottom cushion from the rear seat in order to make it fold flat. The bottom cushion can be stashed behind the front seats if they’re all the way forward.

I have both the megamat and the megamat duo. The duo is slightly too big for the model s and model 3. You’re better off with the single version.

I’ve slept 2 nights in the model 3 now and it works very well. You need to take out the bottom cushion from the rear seat in order to make it fold flat. The bottom cushion can be stashed behind the front seats if they’re all the way forward.
Thanks for the info. Too bad to hear the Duo doesn't fit in the S, as it looks like it its just 3 inches over where the wheel wells are.

I was thinking today of instead storing the MegaMat in the rear well, given that space is slightly larger...

Got my Dreamcase a couple weeks ago. It's great! Slept on it two nights so far. Pretty comfortable for car camping! The pillows aren't my favorite but that may be a personal preference. Definitely going to use the heck out of this thing!D2702F0B-7BF3-4BF2-93DF-3E75EAF07AB5.jpegB276D4DD-950B-4BD2-9AD4-F86A26F0BA6B.jpegC2BF5905-C8A9-4225-B8AB-573025A00459.jpegA9241313-FDCC-458A-8201-FF163CCBA443.jpeg3EEEE1A1-13DD-4CCC-B1DA-E5EBA9E9685F.jpeg962A0FE7-F2C0-4471-B2CF-ECFE1A6A0C85.jpeg F1E5B880-580A-44E0-9296-CBE53AB88D31.jpeg4118E096-0774-42C3-81D9-C728D249BDD1.jpegCF15CC3C-2D9E-40BF-8B13-0AF7916026CA.jpegB5221F19-5FE9-4C26-A2BF-0DAD515FDB52.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Thanks for the info. Too bad to hear the Duo doesn't fit in the S, as it looks like it its just 3 inches over where the wheel wells are.

I was thinking today of instead storing the MegaMat in the rear well, given that space is slightly larger...
I can squeeze my megamat into the frunk. And I got the slightly shorter version which works great

If you remove the rear seat cushion, do you still need to use the case to lay the mattress on? Or is it flat enough that you dont use it?

I didn't find the need for the case with bottom seats removed for a flat sleeping surface. I had first gen rear seats. Not sure if that makes a difference. I just use a sleeping bag storage bag made of cotton to keep it clean and in trunk. The case is pretty and all, but for me once it is in the car I am not really taking it in and out of the case and zipping it up each time I use it.