Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DRIVE Electric for Tesla, an app for Samsung watches (Tizen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KlokkProjects

Global Vendor
Apr 10, 2013
Norway
Listings
Please check out the support link here for more information.

2021-03-02 07.57.55-2.jpgIMG_20200518_092646__01.jpg

Last edited:
Version 2.4.0 is out and together with v10 of the car software new awaited controls are available:

- HOMELINK will trigger your programmed Homelink with On Approach support.
- HOMELINK+ will trigger both Homelink and release charge cable. Useful with the On Approach feature as it will open your garage door and release the charge cable as you approach your vehicle.
- VENT CAR will drop all four windows by a few inches (<10cm). This command is currently not supported by Model S and not fully supported by Model X as it can vent but not close the windows remotely. Model 3 supports both vent and close.
- DEFROST will start climate with max temperature and the front defroster on.

screenshot_0_7_12.png

I am strongly considering a Galaxy Watch Active 2 with LTE. The app looks really cool and I will absolutely get it if I end up going with a Samsung watch.
Is it possible to use the walkup unlock with an LTE enabled watch? (assuming I don't have my phone on me when walking up to the car).

I am strongly considering a Galaxy Watch Active 2 with LTE. The app looks really cool and I will absolutely get it if I end up going with a Samsung watch.
Is it possible to use the walkup unlock with an LTE enabled watch? (assuming I don't have my phone on me when walking up to the car).

Yes, with the LTE version you're good to go without your phone. My Active 2 will arrive today. I'm so excited...

Version 2.5.0 is out now with a lot of new stuff...

- Added time to the main screen. After all it's a watch...
- The app will now warn you with a notification icon on the main screen if a window is open or the vent windows function is activated.
- Added a new VIN decoder option and a few more information items like wheel type, air-suspension and ludicrous mode availability.
- Since Tesla has deprecated the option codes on newer vehicles the menu item has been moved from the rotary menu and into the vehicle information list.
- Much more. Check out my Facebook page for more information.

screenshot_1_11_5_2.png screenshot_16_1.png2019-10-19 00.50.47.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: themorey
Yes, with the LTE version you're good to go without your phone. My Active 2 will arrive today. I'm so excited...
Just got my Active 2 with LTE, purchased the app and are connected to my car. Everything seems to work pretty good, but adding it like a phone key to my Model 3 failed. The car did not recognize any TESLA app tring to connect. Do I still need the TESLA card to open and drive the car automatic? I am sure I could do it by clicking the functions on the app, but this it not the same like the TESLA app on my Android that just works like a keyless entry.

Just got my Active 2 with LTE, purchased the app and are connected to my car. Everything seems to work pretty good, but adding it like a phone key to my Model 3 failed. The car did not recognize any TESLA app tring to connect. Do I still need the TESLA card to open and drive the car automatic? I am sure I could do it by clicking the functions on the app, but this it not the same like the TESLA app on my Android that just works like a keyless entry.

Hi, I'm sorry if my answer implied it would work as the "phone-as-key" functionality on the official app. 3rd party developers only have access to the car through teslas servers over internet. The "phone-as-key" on the official app works through a closed Bluetooth API. It connects directly to your car. The watch app needs your LTE connection to connect to the Tesla API and thus you need to click the functions you need. In your case you need to unlock your car and then click the remote start.
You can also use the On Approach feature to "arm" your watch with the unlock command before going out to your car. It will then trigger the command over LTE when you get close enough to detect the Bluetooth ID constantly tramsitted from your car. Hope this clarified your issue.

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush
Really keen on getting the app but a little confused. My S2 watch is linked to my phone's bluetooth so if the phone is in my pocket, can i still use the watch to control the TM3? I would most likely use it to open the boot/frunk and unlock the charger. Doing those things on the app is much more cumbersome and less cool than using the watch. Since i have the phone with me, unlocking the door is not normally an issue.

Really keen on getting the app but a little confused. My S2 watch is linked to my phone's bluetooth so if the phone is in my pocket, can i still use the watch to control the TM3? I would most likely use it to open the boot/frunk and unlock the charger. Doing those things on the app is much more cumbersome and less cool than using the watch. Since i have the phone with me, unlocking the door is not normally an issue.

Yes, as long as the watch is connected to your phone the app will work.
Sadly the support for the S2 watch was discontinued with version 2.4.0 and due to that it was removed from the Galaxy Store. Since I've got quite a few requests about this already I will try to add it again as a separate discontinued app version (if approved by Samsung). I will notify you here when/if this happens.

Reactions: tess19
Yes, as long as the watch is connected to your phone the app will work.
Sadly the support for the S2 watch was discontinued with version 2.4.0 and due to that it was removed from the Galaxy Store. Since I've got quite a few requests about this already I will try to add it again as a separate discontinued app version (if approved by Samsung). I will notify you here when/if this happens.

Hi again. The DRIVE - Electric for Gear S2 is now available as a separate app in Galaxy Store. The layout is a little more square due to limitations of the old OS but the functionality is on par with the original DRIVE - Electric. Please read the disclaimer regarding future updates.

If you bought the original DRIVE - Electric before the S2 was discontinued you are entitled to a free voucher for this app. If you have a valid receipt please contact me on PM through my Facebook page and you'll receive the voucher.

Hello, I got this app for Galaxy Active 2 recently. I can get to the login screen but can't input anything; no input method is popping up. Any tips on how to log in?

Hi, you are the second one having this issue with this watch. I'm investigating but since I can't reproduce it it's hard to find. The keyboard popup is an integrated part of the Tizen OS. Could it be that you have upgraded to Tizen 4.0.0.7 on your watch recently? I have the active 2 myself and know it should work. But I'm on Tizen 4.0.0.6.
When I find a fix for this I will issue a new release as soon as possible. I will notify you here when that happens. Thx for your patience...

Hi, you are the second one having this issue with this watch. I'm investigating but since I can't reproduce it it's hard to find. The keyboard popup is an integrated part of the Tizen OS. Could it be that you have upgraded to Tizen 4.0.0.7 on your watch recently? I have the active 2 myself and know it should work. But I'm on Tizen 4.0.0.6.
When I find a fix for this I will issue a new release as soon as possible. I will notify you here when that happens. Thx for your patience...

Yup, Tizen 4.0.0.7. I will look out for app updates.

Reactions: KlokkProjects
Hi There - Really interested in this for my Galaxy Gear Fit2 Pro. I have this for my F-Pace and love it. Tried to find in the Galaxy Store and no results showing...? Is it not available to residents outside of the US? Or is there some other factor that might be preventing me from seeing/buying it?