Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles and folding down rear seats - SEXY buttons maybe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a typical car loading scenario that I'm looking to find a solution for.

This involves loading a bike through the trunk with the seats down.

Here is what I usually go through.

1. Walk up to car and open driver's side door
  2. If profile was set to my wife's profile, it switches to mine. She has the seat way forward, I have it way back.
  3. Reach in and change the profile to one called "Bike", this moves the front seat forward so that when lowering the rear seats, the headrests won't contact the front driver's seat.
  4. Lower the seats, open the trunk, put the bike in.
  5. Walk back to the driver's side - reach in, change the profile back to me, wait for seat to move.
  6. Get in and go

What I would like to do instead is have something like 2 sexy buttons in the trunk. Thne my steps would be as follows:

1. Open trunk (where I would have 2 sexy buttons placed inside).
  2. Press button 1 to change to bike profile
  3. Lower the seats, open the trunk, put the bike in
  4. Press button 2 to change back to my profile.
  5. Open driver's side door, get in and go.
For me, this would be much a much improved loading scheme. Unfortunately it doesn't look like sexy buttons support profiles.

I thought about trying to use the Easy Entry Profile in some way, but I don't see that helping.

Is there anyone else that has this situation that has a better solution (other than putting the bike on a rack).

Reach in and change the profile to one called "Bike", this moves the front seat forward so that when lowering the rear seats, the headrests won't contact the front driver's seat.
But only the driver seat can be moved using a profile.
So you forget to mention that you also need to:
- open the passenger door to access the passenger seat's buttons, and
- manually move forward the passenger seat.