TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driver Seat Adjustment

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jkingsle, Aug 8, 2018.

1. jkingsle

jkingsle Member

The my drivers seat does not go as far upright as the passenger seat, i.e. it's always a bit too reclined. I took it to Tesla and they reset the seat once and all was good. Now a couple months later it is happening again. I have Easy Entry setup, not sure if this is a cause, however, even with manual adjustment after Easy Entry does it's thing, the seat is too far reclined.

Anyone have any ideas how to reset/re-calibrate this myself, as I'd like to avoid another trip up to the dealer.

Model S100D.

2. icefree

icefree Member

I had the same problem and had to go to the SC to get the driver seat re-calibrated. Fortunately my seat back has not failed again (yet), but I also suspect it's related to the Easy Entry. I'm going to change my Easy Entry to match the my seat back position, and only move the seat rearward, and adjust the steering wheel, no longer adjusting the seat back. Hopefully that will prevent failure again in the future.
    But if there is a way to do a self-fix, I'd certainly be interested too.

3. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

I just went through this myself, required seat recalibration. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. If it does I'm curious what tesla's fix would be.

4. jkingsle

jkingsle Member

Went to the service center without an appointment. Ofcourse I arrived at lunchtime, but one of the techs interrupted his lunch to have a look and recalibrate. He said to bring it back if it happens again. He wasn’t able to offer any reason as to why.

I think to be safe, I’m going to set my easy entry so the seat doesn’t recline.