Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Purpose wh/mile with plus sized tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting closer to buying rims and tires.

But what is the wh/m you guys are getting with sticky tires? Any combo is fine i"m just looking for data.
Currently have a p3d- getting roughly +320wh/m on oem 19". Thinking of going to 255/40 or 265/35 but would hate to see a range of 100 miles.

tia
bondo

Planning on mounting my 265/35 PS4Ss on 19 x 9.5s soon. My PS4Ss are 3 lbs heavier than TO-spec PS4Ss, but my wheels are 6 lbs lighter than the OEM 20” donks that come on the P3D+. Tread width on my tires is 0.8” wider than the TO-spec and my offsets are +35 square.

Anyone think my range hit will be worse than the P3D+ or will it be a wash?

Teslike.com

Planning on mounting my 265/35 PS4Ss on 19 x 9.5s soon. My PS4Ss are 3 lbs heavier than TO-spec PS4Ss, but my wheels are 6 lbs lighter than the OEM 20” donks that come on the P3D+. Tread width on my tires is 0.8” wider than the TO-spec and my offsets are +35 square.

Anyone think my range hit will be worse than the P3D+ or will it be a wash?

Teslike.com
Range will be slightly worse since contact patch is larger with the same rolling resistance tire compound.

Do you have pics? Staggered or square wheels?

Staggered is 19x8.5"+35 /19x9.5"+40 and square is 19x9.5"+35 for the track. It's the best of both worlds IMO.

Square looks amazing, but big drag hit up front because they're yuuuge (see below) and block/disrupt the smooth airflow of the front "air curtains" in the bumper that direct air around the front wheels.

The 265/35 Trofeo R's are actually about 10mm wider overall width than my 275/35 PS4S's due to the aggressive squared off tread design meant to maximize contact patch. Staggered looks good from the rear without much of a range hit at all compared to stock due to the fronts being the majority of the drag penalty. Pics below are my square track setup. Staggered is about the same flushness in rear but ~20mm less up front.

IMG_7578.JPG

MPP coilover fitment.jpg

IMG_7597.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood and KenC
Staggered is 19x8.5"+35 /19x9.5"+40 and square is 19x9.5"+35 for the track. It's the best of both worlds IMO.

Square looks amazing, but big drag hit up front because they're yuuuge (see below) and block/disrupt the smooth airflow of the front "air curtains" in the bumper that direct air around the front wheels.

The 265/35 Trofeo R's are actually about 10mm wider overall width than my 275/35 PS4S's due to the aggressive squared off tread design meant to maximize contact patch. Staggered looks good from the rear without much of a range hit at all compared to stock due to the fronts being the majority of the drag penalty. Pics below are my square track setup. Staggered is about the same flushness in rear but ~20mm less up front.

View attachment 562321

View attachment 562322

View attachment 562323
Sexy shoes.

265/40/18 Federal 595RS-PRO I am getting 330wh/mi with no HVAC averaging ~50mph in ~70 degree weather. It's not much worse than the stock 20's.

Took a 660 mile road-trip on 275/40/18 Hankook R-S4's. Averaged 363wh/mi at 67.8mph. Top speed was 90mph, cruised between 75mph and 80mph frequently. Ambient temperatures low 70's. Honestly better than I expected, I assumed I would be closer to 400wh/mi.