Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dublin Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently my rear quarter window was broken by vandals something that has become very common unfortunately in the Bay Area. The repair of which has become a nightmare with Tesla's Dublin Service Center, I called the service center and they said the window replacement glass would not be available for a couple weeks and so they made me an appointment in two weeks and ordered the glass. When I arrived for my appointment the young lady at the desk said did anyone call you about your appointment and I replied yes they have contacted me by once by phone and twice by email about my appointment. She replied "we just ordered the glass today and will have to reschedule your appointment". I told her that she should get her manager because there was no point getting upset with her. About 5 minutes later two people emerged from the back. They started to explain that it would be about 6 weeks to get the glass it was on back order? I said that was unacceptable with a factory 10 miles away in Fremont? They told me that they need to get their glass from the supplier not the factory and agreed with me that Tesla cares more about selling cars than their customers! They also asked me if I wanted to go outside to discuss the problem? I asked them if they normally conducted business outside or did they not want others to hear about their inadequateness. As they went back to recheck their glass inventory a gentleman approached me and said he had had his rear quarter window smashed twice and had it repaired by an Oakland certified Tesla auto repair. I called them and they said yes we have this glass in stock and can repair the car in two days! As I finished that conversation the Tesla group came back and said that they indeed do have the glass but the trim is now plastic not metal. I said if it matches then no problem. To be continued...