Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dude, really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or put in separators/physical dividers between the foward/rear stalls so people then have to pull in the correct way to charge.

That would resolve this confusion to, although I do like being able to pull in from the east and pull up to the 2nd stall, freeing up the stall behind mine.

Reactions: thecloud
If it was for technical reasons, so beit. I'm assuming it also has to do with the shorter runs of cable to the charging system for such high voltage/amps SC charging.
More copper, more heat too.

I'd would also trade a larger frunk for a front charger, it that was consideration of the placement in the back.

Ideally, a port on each side would be better than just the one. Maybe this could be implemented within the current designs? Doesn't the second charger on Model S go on the right side?

Would've been nice if they had a J1772 connector and/or CCS in the front so you wouldn't have to use an adapter. I rarely ever backed into a spot before the Tesla. And if it wasn't for the rear camera, I would find it a hassle since I have to back into my garage to charge. Now I prefer to back to back into a spot if the opportunity presented itself. I'm not going out of my way to inconvenience the person behind me. This makes it easier to leave for parking which you could be inconveniencing people if you had to back out.