Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Class Action Settlement 7-26-18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, another $20.60 came today. I’ll add that to the $76.13 that they paid out a year ago. That’s $96.73.

Seikh got $4800. I guess the California court system figured his enhanced autopilot was about 48 times worse than mine was.

The lawyers got $961,018. Their expenses were only $14,982. That’s a profit of $946,036. It was settled out of court so it’s not like these lawyers did any courtroom time.

It cost Tesla $5.4 million.

If anyone else is planning one of these expensive lawyer fests, please leave me out of it.

And Seikh, if anyone else makes wild ass promises to you, give me a call and I’ll explain things to you.

You can always opt out. We did in order to keep our options open.

You can always opt out. We did in order to keep our options open.

I was lazy so missed the opt out deadline. I’ve sued Tesla now. I certainly didn’t want to.

I’m annoyed at myself. And I’m annoyed at Seikh, et.al., for dragging me along in this little lawsuit of theirs. I don’t think Seikh is stupid but I do think those lawyers are quite a bit smarter than he is.

I trust lawyers a lot lot less than I trust Tesla, These POS lawyers know it is too much trouble for most people to physically write a letter and mail it, so they create these CAS to maximize their own bottom line in the name of helping consumers.
Plaintiffs should be required to run a petition for a meaningful percentage of class participants before these things are authorized.

Reactions: D.E.
I trust lawyers a lot lot less than I trust Tesla, These POS lawyers know it is too much trouble for most people to physically write a letter and mail it, so they create these CAS to maximize their own bottom line in the name of helping consumers.
I sent two letters with tracking numbers at a cost of $5 each. The lawyers "never received them." Had to call 6 times to get removed from the suit AFTER the deadline already passed.