Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joined the club :)
“LR/Blue/White/21”/no fsd
So far June 18 - July 16th EDD

I guess new tails/front are a guarantee then.
I may opt to wrap the back strip the same colour of whatever I do for the decals. Maybe gun metal/carbon to match the rims :) also add a spoiler..hopefully oem or 3rd party avail by then!

I also have an MYP on order but waiting patiently for the 4680/unicast numbers and specs. Will decide then which one is a GO!

But man do I MISS the S. It was 2016-2021 of 5 glorious ownership years…ended on a beautiful 2018 red/cream 100D which was my baby!
Does anyone see the beauty in chrome trim still? Feel like it goes better with certain colours. Am I alone?

Attachments

• 6A0FB416-5EBC-4194-8EF0-9DA81F97C596.jpeg
    6A0FB416-5EBC-4194-8EF0-9DA81F97C596.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 140
  • 3D44334F-F89B-47EF-A205-BFFAC0743A25.jpeg
    3D44334F-F89B-47EF-A205-BFFAC0743A25.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 95488546-2EC8-42A9-83F7-EA0E2AC7828C.jpeg
    95488546-2EC8-42A9-83F7-EA0E2AC7828C.jpeg
    635.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
When I put my order on hold it was a "well crap I really want to make sure I have this" and it is now that plans have evolved it is more like "okay this actually doesn't really matter" -- I can't really elaborate further than that other than there's marginal improvements coming to things that don't really matter and a gimmick commonly found on other nice cars that may be retrofittable to the new S being made now.
About as vague as it can be.

About as vague as it can be.

Yeah... sorry! FWIW this guy will probably get those 'other things':

Joined the club :)
“LR/Blue/White/21”/no fsd
So far June 18 - July 16th EDD

I guess new tails/front are a guarantee then.
I may opt to wrap the back strip the same colour of whatever I do for the decals. Maybe gun metal/carbon to match the rims :) also add a spoiler..hopefully oem or 3rd party avail by then!

I also have an MYP on order but waiting patiently for the 4680/unicast numbers and specs. Will decide then which one is a GO!

But man do I MISS the S. It was 2016-2021 of 5 glorious ownership years…ended on a beautiful 2018 red/cream 100D which was my baby!
Does anyone see the beauty in chrome trim still? Feel like it goes better with certain colours. Am I alone?

• Love
TACC on FSD is 90MPH. I have very few phantom braking on FSD nowadays, especially on highways where it isn't the new nets.

The AP 80 mph limit is a big deal for me since I usually travel 80 mph on the highway. If I have to pass someone over 80 mph, I need to cancel AP and re-engage. TACC does not help.

I also find the following distance on Vision useless. I either set it to 2 or 7. There is very little granularity.

How can someone tell whether they have radar on their Model S or not?

I'll take radar (assuming they still use it in the stack) over the upgraded headlights. My Y sucked really bad without radar. It was right when they cut over and TeslaVision sucked really bad in it. Still not great. I also would like to know if mine has radar. So if there is an easy way to check, hopefully someone will share. There wasn't any notice about it being without radar at delivery unlike the Y.

I didn't know it but recently found out that if on AP and you accelerate over 90mph, it kills TACC and AP for the rest of your drive. I had a semi merging into my lane and the only out other than going offroad was to punch it. I was already at 78 and that little burst of speed was enough to trigger it. I had another 70 miles to go and couldn't see pulling over and stopping just to reset something that hasn't worked that great for me anyway.

Since I didn't get the new lights, I hope I at least got the radar. Still can't tell if AP/TACC are any better because it has been stuck on calibrating at about 90% and never finishing.

It looks good in person IMO and I strongly prefer it now.

I've been using Tesla Vision for awhile now with FSD Beta and it's actually pretty great.

Max speed on FSD only vision Autosteer is 80MPH but TACC is 90MPH.

Those things are not in the air currently so unfortunately no!

When I put my order on hold it was a "well crap I really want to make sure I have this" and it is now that plans have evolved it is more like "okay this actually doesn't really matter" -- I can't really elaborate further than that other than there's marginal improvements coming to things that don't really matter and a gimmick commonly found on other nice cars that may be retrofittable to the new S being made now.

There will always be new things just around the corner. Some worth waiting for, some not. These aren't IMO, and I am prone to butthurt about these kinds of things. :)

lmao, the changes are definitely a lot less meaningful than that stuff!
Do these changes include colored ambient lighting? possible activating the passenger side screen? :)

Can't wait until its official on the website, I wonder if they will even include a writeup on the changes or it will be a silent refresh
I have a writeup (that I used to make my bullet points I shared earlier) that's intended for SAs to inform customers. So, if not added to the site, any halfway decent SA will have this info in the next week or two.

Last edited:
  • Informative
I'm scheduled to take delivery of my MS on march 5th, I have a vin assigned already, any chance we think I could have gotten one of the first with the matrix lights? I'm located in Charlotte so presumably it would take a few days for the car to make it across country from CA...I'm not too optimistic..

I'm scheduled to take delivery of my MS on march 5th, I have a vin assigned already, any chance we think I could have gotten one of the first with the matrix lights? I'm located in Charlotte so presumably it would take a few days for the car to make it across country from CA...I'm not too optimistic..
If you’re worried put a hold and they’ll assign the VIN to another buyer. If you can hold out a few more weeks/month 🤷🏽‍♂️