Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early peek at V9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Elon has already confirmed the camera at the top IS coming back, in a tweet yesterday. Personally, I usually keep it at the bottom but its always nice to have options. :) Features wise, I'd really like the music volume to change with speed so it quietens a bit when slowing for roundabouts, etc. Always had that as standard in all my BMs.

The update enabling the camera on top is indeed out now. One day we might even get V9.

any major bugs (as will always have niggles)

Fervently disagree. Tesla InfoTainment QA is appalling. Major Bugs should never get out into the wild, and even minor niggles should be almost unheard of.

My software development team is tiny, but even we use automated regression testing ... its not hard ... and I would expect a company the size of Tesla to have a properly Usability Lab so that design decisions like "Let's completely revamp the UI on a whim" were actually trialled to canvass real user opinions at the design stage.

If the sort of bugs that Tesla chucks out onto their customers happened here there would be blood on the carpet.

Fixing a design issue at the design stage costs nothing. Likewise fixing a bug in DEV. Fixing either after a public release is both astronomically expensive, and completely kiboshes any timeline the DEVs have for the next project, as every day becomes "Drop everything and fix this" ... along with "Oh Dear! That emergency fix had a side effect, now FIX THIS". Terrible for PR too.

So I finally have V9, only driven 10 miles but liking it. Can actually change lanes on the dual carriageway near my house. Before always had to override to change lanes.

Nice to see vehicles on screen all around and going behind me instead of disappearing when next to me.

Happy so far with the new UI (personally for me, I know others opinions will vary)

So I finally have V9, only driven 10 miles but liking it. Can actually change lanes on the dual carriageway near my house. Before always had to override to change lanes.

Nice to see vehicles on screen all around and going behind me instead of disappearing when next to me.

Happy so far with the new UI (personally for me, I know others opinions will vary)

Excellent, well done. I’ve optimistically kept the car awake and connected to WiFi but no significant download yet. No doubt my time will come!

I’m confused about the Drive on Nav which was revealed in the early access release, and then pulled. Is it back in a watered down fashion? How does the lane change differ from previous versions and have you had the blind spot monitor activate yet?

They've renamed it to Navigate on Autopilot and removed the automatic lane changes so that you have to use the indicators to initiate the change of lane. With that said, it's only available in North America at this time so the v9 you will get will be sans that feature until its been validated for use in this country.

• Informative
Reactions: DJP31