Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Supercharger Celebration Road Trip Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, wait, let me get this straight - you do NOT look for excuses to go out for a drive?
Tesla hasn't sanctioned the events, so it's just a bunch of owners that want to get together to celebrate something and meet other owners.
You don't have to do the entire drive and you can certainly show up at just a supercharger for the ceremony. Depending on where you live, I'd at least recommend the last one so we can sway you into coming out to dinner after.
Oh, and we take video/pictures, so you'd be immortalized on the web forever. And you can keep a piece of the ribbon. :)
Oh I do, but with a 6 moth old, his tolerance for being in the car seat for long stretches is the limiting factor. Plus SWMBO always has a long honey-do list on weekends.I did not realize these were not official Tesla ribbon cuttings...lol.

We have a morning commitment in Alexandria, but I think with a little luck we could join up at the North East stop. There would be two adults. Will discuss with my significant other and confirm.
We're in. Two of us. We'll head North on I95 and join whenever we can get to you, which I hope will be at the NE supercharger. Can one of the organizers provide me a contact number at some point to help with the intercept?

We're in. Two of us. We'll head North on I95 and join whenever we can get to you, which I hope will be at the NE supercharger. Can one of the organizers provide me a contact number at some point to help with the intercept?
Done.
Check your PM inbox.
Mercy sakes alive looks like we got us a convoy :)

Might the plan change based on weather forecast?

Thanks,
Alan
I'm not a meteorologist (though I did take some classes in collegeo_O) but until next weekend I'm channeling thoughts about The Princess Bride, puppies and the drive up Mount Washington.:D
The current forecast for next Saturday looks great, honestly, but things do change and even if it were to be the absolute worst weather, the simple truth is that we'd only HAVE be outside for the ribbon ceremonies and for the time that people want to explore Gilpins Bridge. The charger stops have facilities, the starting point is a bagel shop and the ending point is a restaurant to be determined shortly.
I don't see a reason to worry, unless something happens to one of the waypoints, or they shut down the Bay Bridge, or ocean levels rise, or there's a zombie apocalypse, or ...............

Mount Washington? Hmmm...

Was near there last week. Drove up from Keene NH., then Lincoln to (almost) Conway on Rt 112 for a little leaf peeping (not a good year, sadly). Considered Mt Washington, however we were out of days but considered 2018 or 2019 as a future trip.

Has there been talk of an upcoming Mt. Washington climb? Highest we were at was barely 3000 feet, half of Mt. Washington. Just did a search, and saw there was one in '15. Will have to show my bride the video. Thinking she'd freak out on that road after our trip last week :)

Would NOT recommend Albany to Brattleboro VT. over Rt 9 at night, unless you're an adrenaline junkie. :D

After the Aberdeen ceremony, please join us at the Port House Grill, back in North East.
Port House Grill award winning restaurant Cecil County North East, MD
Yes, we do backtrack a little but it's a nice place and they have destination chargers. Folks coming right from the superchargers shouldn't need them, but others joining us there or Roadster owners (@Curt) might now think of attending at least the northern piece of the afternoon.
PHG is a casual establishment with both inside and outside seating so fingers crossed for a nice day (by the way, 44 inside and 12 outside).
Let me know if this changes anyone's plans. I'll call later in the week to let the owner know about how many are coming.
Looking forward to next weekend.

Reactions: theflyer
@Half, what time are you thinking we'll hit up the Port House Grill?

Thanks,
Alan
Well, We move from the North East charger to the Aberdeen charger then back to the city of North East to the PHG, so the route is a bit circuitous.
We're scheduled to wrap up at Aberdeen around 3:45 and it should be about 20-30 minutes back to PHG, less if we use I95 and maybe a bit more if we use R40. So I'd say if you just plan to show up for the meal, be at the Port House Grill around 4:15-4:30 and we all ought to be able to meet up fine.
Watch this thread and we'll post if there are delays or changes.
Note that we don't have official reservations and they don't really use them since it's a casual place.
Also note that we're bringing our 4 legged "child" and are hoping the weather cooperates to eat outside. Doesn't mean that everyone has to eat outside though.
See you Saturday!

For folks planning to participate - we'll plan to post our departures from each stop on this thread. So if you're not doing the whole drive or you get to one of the stops and there's no one around yet, you can see if we've left or are on our way. Looks like a good day for a drive on Saturday so bring your Tesla grins!

IMG_1933.JPG Bagel place is busy!