Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This weekend I experienced full superchargers at Port Hope, Kingston, Cornwall, and Levis. The 401/20 corridor really needs some attention soon with the rate of new deliveries every year.
Anecdotally, there was a 1 hour wait to charge in Kingston on Monday afternoon. I only charged in Bellville and the station was not quite full then, though I think 3 stalls were out of service.

I don't think the addition of Brockville alone will fix Port Hope but it will certainly take the pressure off Kingston and Belleville. If there is nothing else on the map now, I wouldn't count on any more Supercharger infrastructure being built within the next 2 years. Make sure to maximize your destination charging opportunities accordingly.

Last edited:
If there is nothing else on the map now, I wouldn't count on any more Supercharger infrastructure being built within the next 2 years. Make sure to maximize your destination charging opportunities accordingly.
It doesn't remove the chance of expansion(s), these are usually not posted on the tesla find us page.

But then again, only expansion I can see happening is Port Hope.

Reactions: rypalmer
Anecdotally, there was a 1 hour wait to charge in Kingston on Monday afternoon. I only charged in Bellville and the station was not quite full then, though I think 3 stalls were out of service.

I don't think the addition of Brockville alone will fix Port Hope but it will certainly take the pressure off Kingston and Belleville. If there is nothing else on the map now, I wouldn't count on any more Supercharger infrastructure being built within the next 2 years. Make sure to maximize your destination charging opportunities accordingly.
I'm in awe that the stretch between Montreal and Q.C. is about to get two more SC and they still don't have anything between Kingston and Montreal( to me Cornwall doesn't count as to much of detour *why the turnover at Kingston is so slow.)

I'm in awe that the stretch between Montreal and Q.C. is about to get two more SC

I only see one Supercharger under construction between Quebec City and Montreal, but I too am in awe of progress in the province. Between the only Montreal Supercharger being closed since Spring and only one new site in the last 33 months, there are as many Quebec Superchargers open now as there were in 2018. That ought to be good for another few years.

Also, V3 has been out for only 2.5 years. This is too young and unproven technology, so it's a blessing that Quebec doesn't have V3 sites yet. Not fair to the other states and provinces that have to beta test the product, though. 😀

New Supercharger under construction in Quebec. After IGA Lebourgneuf, there is now IGA les Saules. Location : 5005 Bd de l'Ormière, Québec.
FB_IMG_1632477215573.jpg
FB_IMG_1632477218586.jpg
FB_IMG_1632477232112.jpg

Tesla Find Us update, as of October 5 2021:

No new locations, some Q3 locations moved to Q4 or Q1 2022.

TitleProvinceIf Already Open (per Tesla)Planned Opening Date (US website)
Bracebridge, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Brampton, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in 2022
Brockville, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Goderich, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Mississauga, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in 2022
Oakville, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in 2022
Port Severn, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in Q2 2022
Simcoe, ON (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Toronto, ON - Don Mills (coming soon)ONComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Beauharnois, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Berthierville, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Boisbriand, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Gaspé, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Gatineau, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
La Tuque, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Lachenaie, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Lachute, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Matane, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Mont-Laurier, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Montreal, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q1 2022
Paspebiac, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Quebec City, QC - Lebourgneuf (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Quebec City, QC - Les Saules (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Rimouski, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Rouyn-Nouranda, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Saint Augustin De Desmaures, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Saint Jerome, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q1 2022
Saint Liboire, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q1 2022
Saint Sauveur, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q1 2022
Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Sainte-Marie, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Trois Rivieres, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Val-D'or, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q1 2022
Vaudreuil, QC (coming soon)QCComing SoonTarget opening in Q1 2022

Wow! Exeter is my home town and I sent in a suggestion last year that they should look at it as a location as its a crossroads of two fairly busy highways.
Oddly enough @MarcoRP spotted this:

The addresses are already known.
101 Mt Forest Dr, mount Forest, ON
100 Thames Rd E, Exeter, ON

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I assume that Target opening in 2022, means we want to build it, but we haven't put any effort on making it happen.

Q1 2022 is more of the wording: we will build it and we are hiring the people to do it.
That’s not true at all. At one time, Tesla put about a quarter million dollars (US) into each Supercharger location. It seems to be a little less now, since Superchargers are being more widely accepted and easier to approve. A charge location has to go through time consuming steps with local government agencies and a design proposal has to be pretty much complete before seeking approval from the players involved. And the answer still might be “no”. Look at any publicly available document on a Supercharger site and you’ll find details on local impact, where power will come from, lines on asphalt or concrete and what kind of shrubs will be planted. This takes a lot of planning, commitment and $$$ on Tesla’s part. There is a lot to it. There are a lot of fees and palms to grease.

It is not fair to Tesla to say they are dragging their feet on a particular charge location (somebody’s dragging their feet but probably not Tesla). Look at the locations in BC - there are several that are mostly complete, waiting on a transformer or meter from BC Hydro.

Tesla is interested in getting chargers in place, and are spending a lot of money to get them in place, so you can charge easier and at low cost on the way to your aunt Mary’s.

I consider complaints about this process to be quite “First World.”