Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see montreal on there either ... meaning these maps are not meant to represent accurate information.
And aren't these the changes that we are all supposed to get excited about ... at least that's what we have been receiving as template responses to supercharger info ... :::yawn:::.

I think I speak for most Canadians when I say that there's nothing on these new "coming soon" maps to get excited about. :p

I was hoping to see something in the Eastern Townships too... Bromont or Magog maybe...

Oh well!

I think the maps focus on what's already operational. You can tell when you see Woodstock is there now. Tesla wasn't meeting the promises from the coming soon map, so why are you concerned now? Given the experience we had so far, I prefer to be surprised by them (like the experience with Woodstock) rather than waiting impatiently for something that's been promised for more than a year (ie Kingston) and not operational yet.

My guess... what is operational today is more important so they correct the map. What is promised is a little fluid so they don't bother updating it regularly - after all, it's really there to entice future Model S buyers, not us. Probably there's also an element of "let's avoid getting peppered with questions so let's do them stealth if we can" going on here.

I think I speak for most Canadians when I say that there's nothing on these new "coming soon" maps to get excited about. :p

I was hoping to see something in the Eastern Townships too... Bromont or Magog maybe...

Oh well!

I does appear like the intent is to make Quebec City to Windsor doable, and then essentially stop. I should think that the Trans-Canada, starting in Ottawa and then working eastward and westward would be the next step. You certainly should be able to drive a car from one side of the country to the other.

My guess... what is operational today is more important so they correct the map. What is promised is a little fluid so they don't bother updating it regularly - after all, it's really there to entice future Model S buyers, not us. Probably there's also an element of "let's avoid getting peppered with questions so let's do them stealth if we can" going on here.

I agree that that's what they're doing...

But as @clea mentioned, they told us to look out for the new map insinuating it would be exciting for us... but it isn't. :)

It's all good, I'm just whining a bit for fun.

I does appear like the intent is to make Quebec City to Windsor doable, and then essentially stop. I should think that the Trans-Canada, starting in Ottawa and then working eastward and westward would be the next step. You certainly should be able to drive a car from one side of the country to the other.
From history (US and Europe), I think this can be true in two years. I think we are having better attention right now. You can tell from the more unofficial planned superchargers, the biggest service centre in Montreal, and we are still complaining more and more :).

Our exception is high and our territory is huge... Going to take a while to reach this map : http://goo.gl/LxiqAJ

I went to the Montreal Store. Construction crew is still at work. I don't think it will be ready this week... But worst case it really early in January !

I don't care much for the Montreal SuperCharger except a meet point in the summer... But kingston would really be nice to have up and running soon !

It wasn't necessary for me to reboot the display in order to have Woodstock come up on the supercharger list. On the other hand, some of the listed distances to superchargers are annoyingly fictional. But wait --- they look like they're "as the car flies" --- must mean we'll get an upgrade to wings! (not wing doors) :tongue:

Meanwhile, a supercharger list that isn't limited to those operating is likely to 1) be out of date; or 2) contain wishful thinking; or 3) not reflect even Tesla's reality. Waiting months for some bureaucrat to climb down off his throne in Kingston (or Montréal?) makes Tesla's projections even less reliable.

All that notwithstanding, we should thank Tesla for pulling a fast one (or putting a fast 8) in Woodstock.

Thanks to mnx, Forty Creek, and mknox for their Woodstock photos. Complaint: they produce better pix than I do :frown:

It wasn't necessary for me to reboot the display in order to have Woodstock come up on the supercharger list. On the other hand, some of the listed distances to superchargers are annoyingly fictional. But wait --- they look like they're "as the car flies" --- must mean we'll get an upgrade to wings! :frown:

Someone has surely posted about this but yes, the distance given by the nav to each supercharger is not accurate at all. Mine appear to be indicating a much shorter distance than is the case.

Well, they could create a circle of 400KM and auto estimate the actual driving distance of all the SuperCharger in that area. They need to do a lot of stuff... For example, they could easily know the direction we are taking right now and not show the SuperCharger that is behind us unless range is too low to reached destination. Give warning based on the average Wh/km usage to reach the next SuperCharger. Give warning when getting close to an exit for a supercharger and offer to navigate to it, and restore the original heading after...

The navigation require a LOT of upgrade before their mass production to make it easier for the average joe to get a good experience from the car.

Well, they could create a circle of 400KM and auto estimate the actual driving distance of all the SuperCharger in that area. They need to do a lot of stuff... For example, they could easily know the direction we are taking right now and not show the SuperCharger that is behind us unless range is too low to reached destination. Give warning based on the average Wh/km usage to reach the next SuperCharger. Give warning when getting close to an exit for a supercharger and offer to navigate to it, and restore the original heading after...

The navigation require a LOT of upgrade before their mass production to make it easier for the average joe to get a good experience from the car.

I totally agree with you. Still the system we do have is pretty miraculous compare my ten year old car. I drove to Florida and back and there were some dubious stretches there between Superchargers that a smarter Nav system would have helped me with. My wife, as do many of my friends, think I'm nuts to always calculate my routes and plan stops. It's foreign to the average joe weened on the massive gas network that's for sure. I always respond to them that like sailing, flying, camping and cycling one should always plan and be prepared. Shuts them up pretty quickly.

Sure. By the end of 2015 you should be able to start in New Brunswick, down through Maine, across the USA to Washington, then up to British Columbia. Coast to coast using Superchargers.

Sure. By the end of 2015 you should be able to start in New Brunswick, down through Maine, across the USA to Washington, then up to British Columbia. Coast to coast using Superchargers.

Yeah, and last summer I drove almost coast to coast (Victoria to Quebec city) mostly using Superchargers, but I had to go almost to Los Angeles first.

I think you know what he meant. He means coast to coast WITHIN Canada.

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum because I haven't had much to contribute, but I have been following it and tesla for a few years. I am in Barrie for the holidays and saw the construction of the SC tonight. A crew was working on it and I asked about the timeline. He said they would be done in 2 weeks, but it would then be up to the hydro company. It was too dark to get any good pictures butI can maybe get some later. It is beside the target just off the 400, between Bayfield Dr and the roundabout on N village way.

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum because I haven't had much to contribute, but I have been following it and tesla for a few years. I am in Barrie for the holidays and saw the construction of the SC tonight. A crew was working on it and I asked about the timeline. He said they would be done in 2 weeks, but it would then be up to the hydro company. It was too dark to get any good pictures butI can maybe get some later. It is beside the target just off the 400, between Bayfield Dr and the roundabout on N village way.

Great news, thanks Gen3! And welcome to TMC!

Seems like a big year end push for SC's in Canada. Glad they are coming online.

I was in the GTA for three days last week, didn't see a single Tesla. Imagine when all those gas guzzlers are replaced with EV's...ideally all Tesla's. Fascinating...it will be so quiet!

Once the SC's are done sales in Canada are going to surge!