Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't recall seeing it officially noted that Woodstock has been de-ICEd with actual no-parking signs... here's a pic from my road trip post.
attachment.php?attachmentid=85845&d=1435708682.jpg

I've since done a Montreal leg and look forward to Coburg SC hopefully before winter but they seem to get done in middle of winter, lol.

Beyond this year though, I call for Superchargers to the East Coast, please :biggrin: Would love to easily ride to the Maritimes on electrons one day. Until then, I guess Boston should expect me soon :cool:

Can't recall seeing it officially noted that Woodstock has been de-ICEd with actual no-parking signs... here's a pic from my road trip post.

I don't know if these markings were there as well when you were there, but when I stopped in at Woodstock I couldn't help but notice them. Very cool. :) I haven't seen anything like it at any other Supercharger!

2H6A0622 copy.jpg

Can anyone tell me why two of the superchargers in Barrie aren't working?

I was there last night. 1A and 1B are taped off with a Tesla sign saying they're out of order. I plugged in to 2A and it latched and the port went blue, but no charging. My dash said something about waiting for charging to commence. I moved to 4A and it worked fine.

As to why, your guess is as good as mine, however I suspect one or more of the charger modules inside the gated enclosure has gone bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's something weird. I noticed on the ConnecTT app, it is showing a Supercharger station in downtown Waterloo. In the screen capture below, the red symbol is for Superchargers and the grey ones are for Destination Chargers. I'm assuming this is a mistake, but the fact that it is shown and named as "Kitchener-Waterloo" in the app makes me wonder just what it is. If you tap the button, it even opens up the typical screen allowing you to Check In, add photos and such. There is nothing shown on PlugShare (of any type) for several blocks around this area. It wouldn't really be a good location for a Supercharger anyway, but I wonder where this information came from?

IMG_0418.PNG

I was there last night. 1A and 1B are taped off with a Tesla sign saying they're out of order. I plugged in to 2A and it latched and the port went blue, but no charging. My dash said something about waiting for charging to commence. I moved to 4A and it worked fine.

As to why, your guess is as good as mine, however I suspect one or more of the charger modules inside the gated enclosure has gone bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's something weird. I noticed on the ConnecTT app, it is showing a Supercharger station in downtown Waterloo. In the screen capture below, the red symbol is for Superchargers and the grey ones are for Destination Chargers. I'm assuming this is a mistake, but the fact that it is shown and named as "Kitchener-Waterloo" in the app makes me wonder just what it is. If you tap the button, it even opens up the typical screen allowing you to Check In, add photos and such. There is nothing shown on PlugShare (of any type) for several blocks around this area. It wouldn't really be a good location for a Supercharger anyway, but I wonder where this information came from?

What's the address of this supposed supercharger? Do you know whats at that location?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 89438
According to Tesla's website, it's a store.

45a0ed16531502a679fd533c3e2ae012.jpg

According to Tesla's website, it's a store.

Ah, okay. I guess the app is picking up this information from Tesla. I think that marker for the Waterloo store is new on the Tesla "Find Us" map too.

EDIT: Upon closer examination of the ConnecTT app, I see that the Stores have the red icon with the T logo and Superchargers have the red icon with a lightning bolt icon. Must have missed that distinction earlier!

Last edited:
Weird location to have a store. Seems like its in the Marsland Center. I'm guessing this may be a temporary location?

The Quebec store is a temporary stand in a shopping center (Model S on display in the hallway). The others could just be office space where you can meet and have a test drive by appointment. Don't expect to be able to find an HPWC to charge or accessories for sale at these locations.

From the Q2 conference call, sales were up 30% in the USA, 50% in Europe and almost double in China compared to last year. (But was the Model S available for the full 2014 Q2 in China and in Great Britain?)

Canada not mentioned in that quote, but January-June sales appear to be up 150%. 984 vs 384. Worthy of Supercharger growth, no?